Scared! My BB store did not open today.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
Went to my BB Store at 11 AM to exchange my mailed disc. No lights on. Locked up tighter than a drum. Went back at 12, still not open. Waited until 4PM and tried once more, the store was open and the clerk said that he had looked at the schedule wrong and thought he was susposed to close. Wow! Had my heart pounding. Thought I had lost my local store. I am very Happy now.

Mine just closed on Feb 1. Reopening tomorrow to sell off everything at what I regard as unreasonable prices. $10 for badly scratched DVDs. I am seriously bummed because the store was clean, and had lots of customers. Another annoyance; the http://blockbusterathome.com website still shows my store OPEN. How can I find the next closest store if the website is never updated with reality?

When I search for my closest store, the search engine never brings up any store, but my store is open and in the same zip code that I live in.

How can I find the next closest store if the website is never updated with reality?
I'm sure your question is rhetorical but I'll answer anyway. :) Best would be to use an online yellow pages site, search by distance, and then call up each one to verify its existence. ;)

Went to mine today to exchange my mailed disc and I saw the "going out of business" signs from blocks away. Had a feeling it was coming. Same as the other poster said they are selling used dvd's for 10$. The store is closing march 23rd. At least I turned in my mailer DVD so I will get one mailed out to me tomorrow.

I've never actually gone into a Blockbuster store in a long, long time. What is it that they do there again? Guess I should go check it out before it closes (maybe, not sure.)

I've never actually gone into a Blockbuster store in a long, long time. What is it that they do there again? Guess I should go check it out before it closes (maybe, not sure.)

Satelliteguys has a minimum I.Q. requirement to be a member here. How did you sneak by? :D

I asked our local BB store manager about the closings that were disclosed by Dish Network a while back and she said they just renewed the lease until Dec 31st. But the ones that are closing are said to close when the lease runs out. If you are concerned about your local BB store, ask the manager when their lease is up and if the store is not turning a profit it will likely get closed at that time.

BB finally updated their blockbusterathome.com "Find a Blockbuster Location" tab to get rid of all 3 nearest stores, leaving only one in an inaccessible location in Woodbridge, VA. Not going there. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)