Seriously Dish, 2 BB apps in the Google play store and neither work with BB@Home?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

oryan_dunn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
Indiana
Title says it all. This whole Dish/BB deal seems like nothing but untrained monkeys at the controls. I downloaded two Blockbuster apps, one by Blockbuster LLC and the other by Dish. My Dish/BB@Home account doesn't work on either. I was looking for a way to manage my Blu-ray queue via my phone. If the rumors are true, that they're ready to drop disk by mail, then I'm ready to drop BB@Home and go back to Netflix disk by mail. After my $5/mo BB@Home ends, I may just do that anyways.

Yeah, still a major FAIL on Dish's part. Just looked into Redbox, may be where my movie rental dollars will go next. Not sure...

I love BB@Home. I have thousands of movies that I can stream to my box and I can get discs in the mail, and for me the turn around time is pretty quick and we still have a few BB stores here in my city. Having to get up and drive to a redbox and then drive back to return the movie isn't worth my time.

I love BB@Home. I have thousands of movies that I can stream to my box and I can get discs in the mail, and for me the turn around time is pretty quick and we still have a few BB stores here in my city. Having to get up and drive to a redbox and then drive back to return the movie isn't worth my time.

It's usually 4-6 days turnaround for a disk with BB for me. On my 20mile drive to/from work, there are literally 15 Redboxes. I'm a 3hr drive from Chicago, which is where my BB disks seem to be shipped to. No idea why it takes 4-6 days, but it's frustrating. And the fact there is no way to manage the streaming queue via a PC or phone, and no phone app for disk by mail queue sucks.

My discs from NJ get to me in NE PA in about 2 days so I have no problem with that, my problem is the closest BB to me is over 20 miles away and is closing in the very near future. If I want Redbox, there are a several locations far closer but I prefer being able to stream them through computer and receiver. I would also like an easier way to maintain my queue, but I yet to see anything including an app.

Why do we need Discs anymore? I'd just as soon stream the movie to my DVR. I know, the sound isn't as good but it can be with no problem. PS3 games, I hope they don't stop that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)