Is Blockbuster at home worth it compared to Netflix?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Sure you get the extra channels, but doesn't Netflix have a much larger selection and better streaming and disc quality?

I can't speak for Netflix at home since I do not have that service.

Netflix streaming is okay for shows and movies one year old.

Dish seems to have a more recent movies with blockbuster streaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to define "worth it" with BB@home you can get the disks, channels, with streaming you are not going to get past tv series to stream and the netflix streaming library is much larger then BB@home.

I personally like the channels you get with BB@home and by still having a BB open I can exchange the disks in store which adds big value for me. I know some people have both. It shard enough to watch the tv content I have now then to spend a few more dollars a month for another service

I dropped Netflix for disc-by-mail, but kept them for streaming after Dish added discs by mail to the now BB@Home. Netflix has a great service and it's been getting better and I do like it better overall than BB@Home. But BB@Home does have several things going for it. It's a great replacement for the Starz package because you can watch nearly everything Starz/Encore offers via online and On Demand. And, if you have a store nearby, the in-store disc exchange is great. But for the most part the extra channels aren't all that good. Epix doesn't get a lot of new stuff and most of the other channels have ads. While Starz Cinema and Encore Suspense are SD channels, which I try to avoid.

BB@Home is $10 per month for 22 channels, one disc mailed to your home, and movie streaming to your tv. Netflix is $9 per month for streamin ONLY. Does Netflix streaming have the latest movies that BB@H mails or do they have the same aged movies that BB@H has>

I can say bb@home half off is definitely worth it.Does it beat netflix?Not in my opinion.2 things it has that netflix doesn't,Starz on demand,and 16 or so extra HD channels.

I have both. I watch a bunch of the channels that come with BB@Home, I use the disc by mail and in store service and I think its a great deal for $10. Netflix is also good for me because I use it on a Wii and Xbox in the game room and it has all the childrens programs that my son enjoys like Dora and Deigo.

I can say bb@home half off is definitely worth it.Does it beat netflix?Not in my opinion.2 things it has that netflix doesn't,Starz on demand,and 16 or so extra HD channels.

Yes, half off does make it that much better :)

BB@Home is $10 per month for 22 channels, one disc mailed to your home, and movie streaming to your tv. Netflix is $9 per month for streamin ONLY. Does Netflix streaming have the latest movies that BB@H mails or do they have the same aged movies that BB@H has>
Netflix is $8 per month for streaming only.

Netflix does have a lot of older movies. When it comes to the newer stuff, BB@Home's big advantage over Netflix is that BB@Home has Starz/Encore movies and Netflix doesn't. But Netflix has a huge amount of tv series, foreign films and indy films. Those are things that most everyone else lacks. And many of the movies that the extra channels have are also on Netflix streaming. I had Netflix long before I signed up with Dish three year ago. And I'll still be with them if I ever drop Dish.

I've always said on these forums that BB@Home is a great deal. But don't sell Netflix short. Especially now that they are creating their own programming.

where can i find more info about these channels? i tried looking but there is not much description about these extra channels that bb homes comes with

Here is a list, except HD Net is now Axis.

ChannelChart.png