Personalized Recommendations?

BluffingJ

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
FL
I sent an email asking about the ability to clear ratings- why it isn't there is beyond me.I've sense cancelled my account (no local store and only 3 out at a time not worth it for me with these speeds). I see nothing of the sort as far as recommendations, or even a rent tab.Though to be fair since I'm no longer a member may not be able to, though they keep recommendations.Are they labeling the similar movie tab as "personalized recommendations"? or is there something i'm missing here.As I see nothing as far as Taste Prefs etc.Almost seems like they are talking about Netflix.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All registered blockbuster.com users can rate movies and get personalized recommendations. The blue stars show the overall blockbuster.com member rating. Your personal ratings will be shown as yellow stars. When you see stars next to a title, roll your mouse over the stars. They will change from blue to yellow. The number of yellow stars you select will record your personal rating. The more movies you rate, the better our recommendations will get. If you click on the "Recommendations" link within the RENT tab menu, you will see another link that reads "Set Movie Preferences." Click on that to tell us more details about what you would like us to suggest.[/FONT]

If you select a movie for information, there is a "similar section" that shows under the movie information. There are many which don't have the similar movies (new movies in particular) that show, and you do not have to be logged in to see them.

I knew about that but that is neither "personalized" nor does it match with what the csr note says is supposedly there.

I knew about that but that is neither "personalized" nor does it match with what the csr note says is supposedly there.

Csr's have a lot of misinformation. I have heard where to told new BB@H subscribers that they only need the account number and not the disc in order to exchange in store (you can't do it for those who don't know). I don't even try talking to csr's anymore.

To be fair I have already cancelled because I don't have a local Blockbuster so paying $16+ for 3 movies every 1.5 weeks is silly. Just wasn't sure if it was something I wasn't seeing or the CSR was so out of touch don't know basic features on their own website.

To be fair I have already cancelled because I don't have a local Blockbuster so paying $16+ for 3 movies every 1.5 weeks is silly. Just wasn't sure if it was something I wasn't seeing or the CSR was so out of touch don't know basic features on their own website.

I reread your initial post, are you referring to Blockbuster.com or Blockbuster@Home through Dish? These are two different services and it would be easier to answer your questions if we knew which service.

I had(past tense) a blockbuster.com account. Had initially asked if it were possible to clear movies you have rated which got a response from the initial csr about them being used for recommendations,taste preferences etc.

My posts were referring Blockbuster at Home which deals with the service through Dish Network, With Dish, you get 20 additional channels (many in HD) and streaming, both via devices as computers, laptops, netbooks, smart phones, ect and through certain receivers along with discs by mail so for many the monthly fee is worth it even with no Blockbuster store anywhere near them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)