scarmbled

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
I wana test the videocipher part of receiver tomarow
1. okay, when i put it on the g-5 sat, my Videochipher light should light up.?
2. what will apear on the screen? someone told me that video is itc but audio is scrambled?
3. how much longer will videochipher rs around, since only 5-6 channles still on it.?
4. what all channels can be picked up with a videocipher module, besides the pay ones
5. if someone has subsribed on this before, will these channles be itc?

I am asking this beacuse i am thinking of subbing to cband just for the heck of it, i wana watch the weather channel

I have no idea what you might see? But, channels 5, 6, 9, 14, 17, & 22 are Videocipher2 channels. You can subscribe to 5, 6, 17, & 22 (Turner channels). You can't subscribe to 9 and 14 (ESPN & ESPN2). As I type, 17 is in the clear.
The Weather Channel is not on G5.

2. thats backwards...audio is in the clear and video is ascrambled
4. that's it...analog scrambled channels

The VCII box will kick in when you hit a scrambled channel and should tell you to subscribe. If there is no VCII box in it and you go to a scrambeld channel it will show scrambled picture

2. thats backwards...audio is in the clear and video is ascrambled
4. that's it...analog scrambled channels

The VCII box will kick in when you hit a scrambled channel and should tell you to subscribe. If there is no VCII box in it and you go to a scrambeld channel it will show scrambled picture

I never heard audio on a non subscribed channel without the module inserted. On some there was an announcer's voice giving a message on how to sub. I think I remember when they went to VC2+ they did something to encrypt the audio.

maybe I'm thinking without the VCII module inserted. I know the adult channels use to have audio (and scrambled picture):)

I hooked one back up today, after being down 2 months, all it did was give me a black screen showing the descrambler's unit ID and a message that the unit was not
authorized to receive programming yet. If the module is good it should display anything that is in the 'fixed key' scrambling mode though.
And REMEMBER-don't push in, or pull out that descrambler board with the receiver plugged in and turned on!

maybe I'm thinking without the VCII module inserted. I know the adult channels use to have audio (and scrambled picture):)

Hey Ice,
We could have kindly suggested they leave the video in fixed key mode and just scrambled the audio. You could always use your satellite radio to add the music-LOL:eureka:eureka

Gone?

the lithium battery in my videocipher board is at 1.51 volts, it should be 3.6.
So is the unit id lost?

the lithium battery in my videocipher board is at 1.51 volts, it should be 3.6.
So is the unit id lost?

Power up the receiver, and look at the diag screen, and see if the unit id is still there. if it's listed, it still has it. You can parallel a new replacement battery right over the one that's there. Of course, don't bother if the id and keys are already gone. After you connect a new battery in parallel, you can cut the wires going to the old weak battery right at the battery case.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts