Scart TV What is it?

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
I notice on the back panel of the pics of the AZBox there is what looks like a socket or connector for what is Labelled "SCART TV". Can anyone tell me what Scart TV is or what that socket is for?

its a way the Europeans hook up the equipment

SCART - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Europe, SCART is the most common method of connecting audio-visual equipment together, and has become a standard connector for such devices (even more so than the phono plug); it is far less common elsewhere in the world. Designed to carry analogue standard-definition content,

I bought a scart to svideo adapter to get Svideo off the azbox''

scart on one side
svideo and a/v plugs on the other

Sort of an early SD HDMI, without HDCP or digital. Same idea; a good one.

Thanks Iceberg and navychop, that wikipedia explanation is good & very detailed. Also I'm currently using Svideo from my Viewsat because it gave me a much better picture on my HDTV, but I hope to be able to use HMDI TV input for my upcoming AZBox RX. Guess I'll pick up a medium priced HDMI cable.

for HDMI cables best spot is...hmmm......its coming to me......

**cough** monoprice.com **cough**

I've got a couple blue ones (they have different colors) that work great on my azbox & Directv receiver to the HDTV

" Monoprice.com" thanks Iceberg I'll check them out, I know some places up here that want $87.00 for a HDMI (Monster Type) Cable which some say isn't any better than a $10.00 unit.