GEOSATpro whelp. this noob can't get it to work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Your system can only get frequencies that have 5 digits. The 4 digit ones like the ION mux are for C-Band where you need a larger dish. The 12145 V 20000 are mostly audio only and don’t typically scan in. They have to be manually entered and I’m not sure how to do it on your receiver. It would involve some computer skills if it is possible.

You mentioned Dish. Those satellites use a much higher power than the FTA stuff so they are easier to find and are able to use a smaller dish.

nope i'm more confused. i'm only getting those channels i mentioned.
so if i type in 11760h i should get some NBC channels? darn. i thought i was gonna get those 4040h channels with my setup.

You could experiment with trying to get those other frequencies but I doubt you will have much success with your 36" dish AND it would involve buying a C-Band LNBF and the proper feedhorn. Not worth it for an "iffy" reception of maybe one transponder in the entire arc.

You could put in 11760 H 30000 and 11880 H 30000 and scan each but why not just go to the "scan single satellite" then pick 103 W and in the "scan mode" section change it to blind scan. Let the receiver do the work for you. I hope you are peaked for the strongest reception as 11880 is a little weaker.

Did you mark the pole where you were first when you discovered the Mexican channels? If so, and you are on 103 now you know that 91 is in between and so is the elevation adjustment. Mark where you are before you move again so you can always go back. You mentioned Antenna TV and that is on 91 but could be taken off at any time. COZI is an acceptable option and has been there for years.

nope i'm more confused. i'm only getting those channels i mentioned.
so if i type in 11760h i should get some NBC channels? darn. i thought i was gonna get those 4040h channels with my setup.
Maybe this will help. An NBC channel I got right away was on tp 11880H 30000 sid 0x0001...or sid 1 decimal.
Like they said. You're gonna' need a bigger dish and a C-Band lnbf to get....C-Band sats.
Hint. Look at when the charts were last updated. I usually use the ones from tvrosat.
Also look at my latest 103W blindscan. See anything strange? Frequencies and signal rates are a little off.
The nature of the beast. LNBF or receiver frequency off a little bit? Who knows.
But anyway. Heres a scan from a little while ago with a signal strength over lay.

Attachments

• 103W_Ku_Blindscan.JPG
    103W_Ku_Blindscan.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 131