gtmedia v7s2x
sat finder-lights show 22khz and 13v
install menu i setup
lnb freq universal 9750-10750
disc 1-1.1 disabled
22k auto [greyed out]
lnb power auto
galaxy 19 is 47 elev and 204 az for me

pics of my sat and the neighbors. i think i have my elevation way too low?
did i screw up on the elevation collar thing with the 'a' 'b' 'c' slots to pick my elevation range?

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 178
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 170
Make sure you have a good, known, active, transponder programmed in. While you are trying to aim your dish. 12152 H 20000 is a great one for Galaxy 19.

i don't have a transponder programmed in. i thought the blind scan would find everything. i have finally found 2 signals but don't have a
compass or smartphone to try to get az and don't know what sats they are. also can i run a blind scan while the sat finder is on the cable lines?

i don't have a transponder programmed in. i thought the blind scan would find everything. i have finally found 2 signals but don't have a
compass or smartphone to try to get az and don't know what sats they are. also can i run a blind scan while the sat finder is on the cable lines?
What are the specs for the channels you've found? Give us that, and we may be able to tell you which sat they are on

i meant i found 2 signal spikes on the analog sat finder. i don't know what sats they are yet. it looks like this receiver is more set up of the asian sats with only
2-3 western sats. i guess i shouldn't have bought the cheapest one on amazon. :)

Reactions: primestar31
i meant i found 2 signal spikes on the analog sat finder. i don't know what sats they are yet. it looks like this receiver is more set up of the asian sats with only
2-3 western sats. i guess i shouldn't have bought the cheapest one on amazon. :)
When you see a spike on your analog sat finder stop there and do a blind scan. Post your scan results back here as primestar31 suggested. :)

Here, go for 97w, it's by far the easiest one to get. Heck, I could probably hit it with a rock IF I could snap my arm that hard. DishPointer - Align your satellite dish

Get the exact coordinates of your house from Google Maps, and put them in Dishpointer. It'll bring up your property. Then, zoom in EXACTLY on your dish location, and use the satellite drop-down list to get the exact bearings at THAT site. Pay attention to what the aiming line is dissecting through on your property. Aim the dish THERE!

Reactions: jessica6
i have done blind scans after picking sats. galaxy 19 ses2 star one c2 amazonas 2 quetzsa 1 and eutelsat 113....no channels found.

i have done blind scans after picking sats. galaxy 19 ses2 star one c2 amazonas 2 quetzsa 1 and eutelsat 113....no channels found.
You can blind scan any sat you want, HOWEVER, IF you really aren't aimed at the satellite, how would you expect to pick up a signal? These aren't tv antennas like on your house. Think of a KU beam being the width of a PENCIL!

Yep, it's THAT CRITICAL for aiming!

yup, i've discovered already when they saw have the dish plumb they mean it. it can't be waved around like a big old tv antennae.
ok, i'll try again. the 2 signal spikes i hit were pretty much 90 degrees east of me and much furthur east and lower in the sky than the neighborsdishes around me that are dtv and dish

i looked up that site and that is exactly where i am pointing the dish to look for the dish. i getting signals that are pretty much 90 degrees of where galaxy 19 is. are there sats 90 degress east of g19? can cell towers screw things? i have very nearby cell towers. and a airport is right where g19 is.

you can select whatever satellite you want in the menus in your receiver, but you'll receive only whatever satellite the dish is aiming at. In other words, the satellite list in the receiver is only there to keep things organized once the dish is properly aimed at the various satellites.

Now, to get you started, there are 2 ways you can proceed:

1- enter a known transponder with correct parameters, I'd suggest the one with CGTN on 95W, as it's probably the easiest thing to receive. Make sure you have the LNBF setting set to 10750. Thenn set the elevation correctly for your location, and move the dish slowly on it's mount until the meter in the receiver shows signal quality. If nothing found, change the elevation by a half degree and tray again. Repeat until you find signal quality. Then do a manual transponder scan and you should have a bunch of chinese channels in various languages.

2- another approach that I suggest, quite similar to what Mike was suggesting when you said you had found some signal:
- use your meter to aim for something with signal
- blind scan and see if you get anything. Check with Lyngsat to identify the satellite, or tell us if you can't figure it out (sometime sthe names are not obvious)
- some satellite will register signal on the meter but nothing will scan in (DirecTV, or data satellites). That's normal, move on to the next one
- the stronger signals are from Dish and DirecTV, and can easily make you miss an less powerful signal just 2 degrees away.

In either case, once you have found a satellite, it's fairly easy to find the next one by just carefully adjusting the dish by about 2 degrees and changing the elevation very slightly

i must be doing something wrong. when i blind scan on a signal it says it is searching the various transponders on that sat and at the end it says no programs found. i tell it to seach for everything not just fta.
when i do a scan using galaxy19 and 12152 H 20000 a split second later it says no programs.
what is a manual transponder scan? just picking a sat and going through all the transponders? 12253 2000 v and the next and the next? and i'm still not sure. can i have the sat finder on the line when i run a test?
i know i'm gettting signals. i adjust the gain until i have none or barely a nise signal, then i move the dish around until i peak a signal and readjust stronger signals.

Being very new to all this, maybe I can provide some naive ignorant advice. :)
  • Is your dish mounted (or tripod) on a flat surface for sure? If not, those numbers on the back for elevation will be wrong. Use a level and make sure it's perfectly level and vertical.
  • what are the exact values of your LNB? It's probably printed on the side of it. Make sure you're using those.
  • Are your transponders 'active' in your list? I had to go into that section of the menus and make sure they're all checked.
  • Are you sure you have the right satellite 'checked' in your menu?
  • Go in/out of all your menus and make sure the transponders and satellite stays checked. Make sure it gets 'saved'.
I used a couple of different apps on my phone to help me point. They're a compass/satellite finder all in 1. I also found that the direction they provided was very unpredictable, and I had to keep holding my phone up in the air and waving it around in circles to get it to 'sync' back up again. I also noticed I couldn't be too close to my dish when I used it, because the metal in the dish (or something about the dish) would throw the compass way off. I had to stand about 5' away from my dish to use the compass/app. It was a challenge, and it only got me in the ballpark of where the satellite was. If you are 100% sure the elevation is correct. you just need to slowly (1/8" at a time) move your dish and watch for signal. Wait a second, move it again. etc. back and forth.

Reactions: FTA4PA and cyberham
Just trying to help here.
If you manage to get a strong signal on an unknown sat and scan it. Signal rates of 20000 and 21500 are most probably going to be dish network or direc tv.

Because their lnbf's use a local oscillator frequency of 11250 versus your 10750. Your scans will come up with 'some wtf sat is THAT?....when you try to look them up on sat charts.
Done it myself.

I forget the frequency conversion to figure it out. Someone here will have and answer and probably the math.
Scanning transponders with encryption will come up with strange transponder/sid only channel names.

Digicipher, nagra, director, and some other encryptions might pass over the transponders during a scan.
FTA (of course) power vu, biss, and some others will show channels in a scan.

Frequencies may be off a little bit. My Edision mio always scans a little lower or higher. ex: tp 4040 might show as 3039 or 4041. Signal rates might be off a little bit too. sr 30000 shows as 29999.
Direc tv and dish sats are strong. Hence the ability to use a small dish.

That's about all I got.

Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Latest posts