Scart TV What is it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
I notice on the back panel of the pics of the AZBox there is what looks like a socket or connector for what is Labelled "SCART TV". Can anyone tell me what Scart TV is or what that socket is for?

its a way the Europeans hook up the equipment

SCART - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Europe, SCART is the most common method of connecting audio-visual equipment together, and has become a standard connector for such devices (even more so than the phono plug); it is far less common elsewhere in the world. Designed to carry analogue standard-definition content,

I bought a scart to svideo adapter to get Svideo off the azbox''

scart on one side
svideo and a/v plugs on the other

Sort of an early SD HDMI, without HDCP or digital. Same idea; a good one.

Thanks Iceberg and navychop, that wikipedia explanation is good & very detailed. Also I'm currently using Svideo from my Viewsat because it gave me a much better picture on my HDTV, but I hope to be able to use HMDI TV input for my upcoming AZBox RX. Guess I'll pick up a medium priced HDMI cable.

for HDMI cables best spot is...hmmm......its coming to me......

**cough** monoprice.com **cough**

I've got a couple blue ones (they have different colors) that work great on my azbox & Directv receiver to the HDTV

" Monoprice.com" thanks Iceberg I'll check them out, I know some places up here that want $87.00 for a HDMI (Monster Type) Cable which some say isn't any better than a $10.00 unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)