Scavenged C-band items

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ftageekyyc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
As I have a lot of spare time right now, and much more time than money, I am again looking through the dishes I acquired a few years ago to determine what might be usable to install.

The images posted here are the LNBF/feed related items from three different BUD's. I have not had much success searching some of the visible product numbers, and some parts have labels that are undecipherable. As I still haven't got my head completely wrapped around C-band signal reception, it is unclear to me if any of these bits are still useful today.

Given that I have never installed a C-band dish, I am thinking that the right place to spend some money to minimize uncertainties would be to purchase a new modern day feed like the Titanium C1-PLL.

Any thoughts on the usability / usefulness of the attached items in today's world?

IMGP9347.JPG
IMGP9349.JPG

IMGP9328.JPG
IMGP9342.JPG
IMGP9330.JPG
IMGP9324.JPG

Looks like it's all C-band stuff and looks like LNB feedhorns (not LNBF). They look like they'll work with analog receivers, since the feed has a servo motor, but not with the digital FTA receivers. That's a short response to your question.

Looks like it's all C-band stuff and looks like LNB feedhorns (not LNBF). They look like they'll work with analog receivers, since the feed has a servo motor, but not with the digital FTA receivers. That's a short response to your question.

Thank you very much.

I appreciate the response.

I will add them to the scrap metal pile.

Does this mean I should take my Chaparral feedhorn with polorizer and C-band lnbf, that is working fine, off my 12 foot Paraclipse and throw it out? I think not. I’m using it for digital reception without any problems but I do have a newer lnb than what I see you have. Your Chaparral part is still usable.

Unless you have a way to change polarity that lnb assembly with a servo will only pick up one polarity. As far as I know none of the FTA DVB receivers have the capability to operate that servo to change polarities.

The general instrument 450-I receiver he moves the dish with can also adjust the polarity motor. I used the 650-I for many years doing it this way. Also used a 4dtv receiver to do this also. It can be done but using a lnbf is a little simpler to use. I presently use a CAL-AMP c-band lnbf with my fta receivers.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Never put a chap feedhorn in the scrap yard. I will take it if you want to unload it :)

I'm willing to send things that I have no use for off to a good home. But, right now I have many number 1 priorities, and I'm not sure what the shipping would be like for items of these size from my location. Anyone who might be interested can research the best means of getting them from Canadian postal code T0C 2P0 to your location, and message me.

Reactions: k.r.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts