Scheduler and shows that don't run on the hour..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark_R_G

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Chicago Suburbs
I've been running into more and more scheduler conflicts due to shows that are purposely scheduled a minute over/under, is this some kind of trick to purposely defeat dvring? Other than Manual, I don't see a way to schedule a show 1 minute under to series record, am I missing anything else?

There is section during scheduling where you can set the under/over for recording.
If you have the program scheduled already then select the change series options.

but you cant have a show end early unless you use manual timers
The earliest you can end a program is "on time"

I've been running into more and more scheduler conflicts due to shows that are purposely scheduled a minute over/under, is this some kind of trick to purposely defeat dvring? Other than Manual, I don't see a way to schedule a show 1 minute under to series record, am I missing anything else?

I just use a recurring manual recording, just set it up once and forget it until the season is over.

The scheduling of shows from 9 to 10:01 for example needs to end. My parents only have a 2-tuner DVR and had to stop watching a few of their shows because they kept missing episodes. Channels with a west-coast feed and many cable channels show the same thing at 11pm for west-coast prime time, so those channels are covered. But those channels aren't where the shows they record are... They would get the Hopper (Dish folks) but they want too much money for the upgrade because they just upgraded to HD last year. They were using a VCR before and it would chop the credits or whatever, not a big deal.

The scheduling of shows from 9 to 10:01 for example needs to end. My parents only have a 2-tuner DVR and had to stop watching a few of their shows because they kept missing episodes. Channels with a west-coast feed and many cable channels show the same thing at 11pm for west-coast prime time, so those channels are covered. But those channels aren't where the shows they record are... They would get the Hopper (Dish folks) but they want too much money for the upgrade because they just upgraded to HD last year. They were using a VCR before and it would chop the credits or whatever, not a big deal.

what about going back to turner time with the 0:05 and 0:35 starts?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts