Scheduling repeating shows in DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
Hi, I'm new to DirecTV. Always had Dish Network in the past.

Just had a new HR24 installed yesterday and have been working to set up my scheduled recordings. Having a problem getting one of them to record the way I expect.

Hardball with Chris Matthews runs every day at 3pm AZ time and then is repeated at 5pm AZ time.

I told the DVR to record first run episodes but it is scheduling both the 3pm and 5pm showings. I think this is due to limited detail in the program description as it is just a general news show.

With Dish Network's DVR, I could schedule the show with a Monday-Friday designation and it would only record once per day M-F. Is there a way for the DirecTV DVR to limit the recording to once per day?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Howard

Yes, you can do a manual recording for whatever time you wish. Check deeper in the menus, it in there!

Thanks, that is what I'll end up doing. Manual is an option I wanted to avoid because it pays no attention to the name of the show. On holidays, I'll end up with an episode of Lockup instead. Most of the features of the HR24 are very nice but timer scheduling was something the Dish DVR did much better (IMO).

Thanks, that is what I'll end up doing. Manual is an option I wanted to avoid because it pays no attention to the name of the show. On holidays, I'll end up with an episode of Lockup instead. Most of the features of the HR24 are very nice but timer scheduling was something the Dish DVR did much better (IMO).

This sounds like more of an EPG info issue than a DVR issue. I record a ton of shows between two HR24s and they are pretty darn good at scheduling. I do see times where one will record the same show twice, but it is usually because of an error with the guide data, not the dvr.

EDIT: Just re-read the actual post (duh!) and I do agree that an option to limit the number by day could be very useful.

Last edited:
I run into the same problem when I record Huckabee. The problem is when a show doesn't have an air date the dvr has no way of knowing it recorded it or didn't record it. Huckabee airs on Saturdays then repeats Sundays and twice early Monday morning. So what I do is go into the to do list and delete the ones I don't want.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts