SCI/FI HD and USA HD Delayed till team summit?? (NOT CONFIRMED)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Charlie told me he's waiting until Scott publishes an edition of "The Satellite Dish" with no spelling or grammatical errors, then SciFi HD can go live.
:D

Charlie told me he's waiting until Scott publishes an edition of "The Satellite Dish" with no spelling or grammatical errors, then SciFi HD can go live.
:D

So we can just forget about it then. :) Did Charlie say anything about Bob? Because we can just forget about any HD channels coming soon. :)

LOL. Tough crowd in here again tonight.

Charlie. Do you see what we all have become??:D

Pepper and Randall use to be the nicest guys .:p

Yeah that sounds more like it and I noticed last night on Sci-Fi Channel I was watching BSG due to I missed it on Friday. I noticed some sound issues on the channels for a little bit but it cleared up.

I too was experiencing audio "hiccups" on SciFi on Friday night and only on SciFi. All the other channels I checked were fine. It continued intermittently during the entire 3 hours I was watching SciFi, but was fine the next day.

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this.

As for the HD version...when it happens, it happens. I'm not going to fret over it anymore.

Cross fingers for this Wednesday? We will see if Mr. Charlie will keep his promise by year end.

I predict Weds we will get.......

2pr9rvo.gif

Again.

:cool:

I bet the Dish guy's that read this forum are laughing their ass off at us! There going to launch more HD this Wednesday, alright!! Then Wednesday comes and no new Nationals, everyone is bummed! Then here we go to the next Wednesday, it's the same ol' song and dance! This has been going on for a month now! Quit toying with us Dish give us some frickin NEW HD!!!! C'mon! :hungry:

That's implying they actually care what existing customers think.

I don't give them that much credit.

They're on the hunt for the customer they don't have , and entice them with lies of how many HD channels they currently have and how many they will have 'soon.'

I think its amusing that people think some kind of meeting "team summit" has anything to do with getting new channels. Satellites dictate that and the launch failed. If I am wrong and this "summit" has anything to do with it then DISH is one mickey mouse organization. :rolleyes:

... then DISH is one mickey mouse organization. :rolleyes:

Uh, yeah.

You all can blame it (no new national HD) on me. I was a long suffering Time Warner customer who switched to Dish in September ... to get more HD. I chose Dish over Direct TV because they had more HD. Since then, Time Warner has tripled their national HD, have much more VOD, better PQ, and a better DVR (SA8300HD). Dish grudgingly (and after all other providers) added TBS HD-- and that has been it. And, of course, not long after I switched-- Direct TV has made Dish into a laughing stock for HD.

If you're like me and think the Voom channels (I think I watched "Soundstage" once on Rave) are basically worthless-- then TWC has more and better HD than Dish. I know, I know ... MonsterHD and KungFu HD are awesome. Yada, yada, bla, bla. Over the weekend I visited a relative who has Cox-- and, they have better HD with a better DVR (also a SA8300HD), and better PQ than Dish. If you read this and other forums, the same can be said for Comcast.

So-- if anyone would like to start a fund to buy out my remaining 11 months to Dish-- I'd gladly defect, which would undoubtedly open up the flood gates for you to get mucho national HD. Yeah, yeah ... we should just be patient-- the refrain from all who kiss the butt the industry "insiders" on this forum. Well, that inside information has proven to be a tease over and over again. Don't get me wrong-- I'm not blaming the messenger. It's the source that's bogus.

I believe I read where we will see "LOTS" of national HD before May 1st, and that we should all just wait until then before we jump ship. Well ... that's a little more than 2 weeks away. Does anyone really believe that we will see a significant set of national HD additions by 5/1, given what we know of where Dish is today? Heck, I'd be shocked if we see 1 national HD addition by then. But, I don't pretend to be an expert. So, I'll just wait for more excuses-- all beginning with the word "soon"-- and then the inevitable 2nd grader comments and metaphors on this forum that are sure to follow. Aren't you all tired of reading all of the posts that idolize the beloved "Charlie" as a visionary who has our best interests at heart? Give me a break-- he's a businessman, who only cares about his own wallet ... not yours or mine.

Last edited:
Uh, yeah.

You all can blame it (no new national HD) on me. I was a long suffering Time Warner customer who switched to Dish in September ... to get more HD. I chose Dish over Direct TV because they had more HD. Since then, Time Warner has tripled their national HD, have much more VOD, better PQ, and a better DVR (SA8300HD). Dish grudgingly (and after all other providers) added TBS HD-- and that has been it. And, of course, not long after I switched-- Direct TV has made Dish into a laughing stock for HD.

If you're like me and think the Voom channels (I think I watched "Soundstage" once on Rave) are basically worthless-- then TWC has more and better HD than Dish. I know, I know ... MonsterHD and KungFu HD are awesome. Yada, yada, bla, bla. Over the weekend I visited a relative who has Cox-- and, they have better HD with a better DVR (also a SA8300HD), and better PQ than Dish. If you read this and other forums, the same can be said for Comcast.

So-- if anyone would like to start a fund to buy out my remaining 11 months to Dish-- I'd gladly defect, which would undoubtedly open up the flood gates for you to get mucho national HD. Yeah, yeah ... we should just be patient-- the refrain from all who kiss the butt the industry "insiders" on this forum. Well, that inside information has proven to be a tease over and over again. Don't get me wrong-- I'm not blaming the messenger. It's the source that's bogus.

I believe I read where we will see "LOTS" of national HD before May 1st, and that we should all just wait until then before we jump ship. Well ... that's a little more than 2 weeks away. Does anyone really believe that we will see a significant set of national HD additions by 5/1, given what we know of where Dish is today? Heck, I'd be shocked if we see 1 national HD addition by then. But, I don't pretend to be an expert. So, I'll just wait for more excuses-- all beginning with the word "soon"-- and then the inevitable 2nd grader comments and metaphors on this forum that are sure to follow. Aren't you all tired of reading all of the posts that idolize the beloved "Charlie" as a visionary who has our best interests at heart? Give me a break-- he's a businessman, who only cares about his own wallet ... not yours or mine.

N00b....'soon' is this years tease tag line......you should have been around during the the 'compelling content' days... Oh the stories we would tell around cave fire about the lack of 'complelling content' out there and that was the only reason E* was not adding anything and this was out of the mouth of Mr.E himself on one of his now famous chats....it was a compelling episode indeed.

So cool your jets....as 'soon' as we get some 'compelling content' they will turn it on...promise :rolleyes:

I chose Dish over Direct TV because they had more HD. Since then, Time Warner has tripled their national HD, have much more VOD, better PQ, and a better DVR (SA8300HD).

You have to be kidding. No cable box even comes close to competing with the 622 or 722. If you think that SA box is better then you haven't taken the time to learn about all the features of the 622.

You have to be kidding. No cable box even comes close to competing with the 622 or 722. If you think that SA box is better then you haven't taken the time to learn about all the features of the 622.

I should have known to use words like "better". OK... let me re-state it. The SA8300HD provides much of the same capability (other than the ability to watch recorded programs on multiple TVs) as the 622. Each, I'm sure, has it's merits. For example, the SA8300HD allows for recording of 2 simaltaneous programs, while watching a 3rd program. So, I admit it-- I'm not interested in the tale of the tape type comparison. My point of view is from the basic usability stand point, and the 2 DVRs are certainly comparable. I officially re-tract the word "better"-- how's that?

I think its amusing that people think some kind of meeting "team summit" has anything to do with getting new channels. Satellites dictate that and the launch failed. If I am wrong and this "summit" has anything to do with it then DISH is one mickey mouse organization. :rolleyes:

I hate to do this but...

M I C .... see you real "soon"

K E Y .... why? Because Charlie is not a sci-fi fan

M O U S E...

;) :D

Comcast, are you high. If you love a non-responsive DVR that overheats and constantly deletes your programs as well as never ending rate increases and outage then Comcast is for you. Better yet if you are made of money then Comcast is for you, my current Dish package saves me almost $100 a month compared to overpriced garbage they have there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)