Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

Could it have anything to do with NBCU being a little ticked that Universal HD was bumped into the HD Ultimate Package?

Could be many things. Such as when MLB and Comcast went to court over the baseball channel. Wouldnt surprise me at all if they wanted all Universal channels to be on a lower tier and that was the hangup. Great game of chicken.

Could it have anything to do with NBCU being a little ticked that Universal HD was bumped into the HD Ultimate Package?

Probably doesn't help matters. NBCU wantx the operator to carry Bravo-HD, CNBC+, USA-HD, and Telemundo for the Olympics. They are promoting the HD content of the games on several networks. Dish and NBCU were "ironing out" a few issues last month.

I am sure that Charlie wanted to add the channels a la carte instead of a suite.

Yeah well we will see what happens this week so they will half to have it turned on before Friday.

I wonder how many bogus SCI-FI HD confirmed/on/whatever posts we'll see tomorrow.

I hereby declare that posting fake news on SciFi HD for April Fools day is off limits. :neener;)

(now watch, the REAL word will come down, and no one will believe it!)

finally bit the bullet

finally couldn't take it any more, and called directv. Saving 20 dollars a month and will have BSG in HD! If comedy central ever goes HD then i will switch back to Dish and get the HD only pack in an instant.

i hope they add usa-hd and sci-fi hd along with espn news-hd and other hd channels otherwise i think it would be idiotic not to add the 2 most wanted channels. i can't wait to see what they add.imo

Was it in 2000 or 2004 that Dish and NBC had a similar dispute that ended up forcing Dish to carry CNBC World, which had some Olympics coverage? That very may well be what this is all about. When USA-HD and SciFi-HD finally show up (just in time to be pre-empted by the Olympics) we will also see Universal HD opened up to all HD customers, just as it was in 2004.

Now you've done it....

Someone wrote:
A sudden massive launch of National and LiL HD channels drives stock valuation up 500%.

Charlie sells stock purchased earlier, pays off MLB and Tivo, launches new satellite and regains HD Leader status without spending any of his money.

NOW you've done it!! Since this caper has been exposed, E* will have to wait until their stock prices RISE before turning on the MASSIVE LAUNCH of HD or else they would be suspect :mad:

If it is 6 more months and the switch occurs only after stock is up then we no who to blame..........

OK, I'd like to predict what will happen sometime this week prior to the BSG premiere:

The bandwidth on the current uplink will change from its static bitrate to a variable one, indicating there is now video being uplinked. However, the channel will NOT be made available.

So, Dish engineers will get to see it. We won't.

This is my prediction.

It had to be 2006 and it was only opened up because most people didn't have mpeg4. They put up a free mpeg2 copy on 110 for a while.

Good memory. That's right, it was for the Winter Olympics in 2006.

Same thing will probably happen though. All us HD Essentials folks will still get to see the coverage on Universal HD for the duration. Probably those with the HD enabling fee too. If USA-HD and SciFi HD are going to be used for Olympics coverage, they will probably be turned on at the latest by August.

OK, I'd like to predict what will happen sometime this week prior to the BSG premiere:

The bandwidth on the current uplink will change from its static bitrate to a variable one, indicating there is now video being uplinked. However, the channel will NOT be made available.

So, Dish engineers will get to see it. We won't.

This is my prediction.

Ah yes, the infamous TBS-HD MLB playoff ploy... Of course that did result in everyone getting TBS-HD for the remainder of the playoffs, and nothing in HD on there since.

Stupid roofers....

VIP222 - Separate Coax Runs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts