Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If the transponders is showing green for your area then you should be able to receive the channel. You might consider a "move" to the Seattle area. That is unless you are getting LIL in your area over the dish.

The transponder is green in the point dish menu, but the guide is red.

Does anyone know if there is a place we could move to and still be able to receive locals after the move? I'm receiving Anchorage locals on 119 and HD locals on 110. Is there another city that Alaska can see?

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

Hahahaha! What was I smoking when I thought we were making progress.

I was very clear that the channels need to be activated for the Alaska package and as simulcast channels that they should be activated for us. I already explained the situation last week with an american csr and she took a message for someone higher at tech support since she didnt know anything. I never heard back from them. I didnt get a reply from the email I sent directly to the person at ceo who helped me last fall. I think along with this "feedback" person (that replied to my earlier ceo@ email) that has been emailing back and forth, I will also try ceo@ roulette and see if I can get a reply from someone else there.

:confused:

Thank you for your reply. We are sorry, but if you are having problems getting these channels we ask you to contact your local dealer or one of our Technical Department at 1-800-333-3474 for further assistance, for we are unable to accurately determine the source of your situation via email. The troubleshooting process is more effective and can diagnose the problem quicker with direct communication over the phone.

Iceberg

Hahahaha! What was I smoking when I thought we were making progress.

I was very clear that the channels need to be activated for the Alaska package and as simulcast channels that they should be activated for us. I already explained the situation last week with an american csr and she took a message for someone higher at tech support since she didnt know anything. I never heard back from them. I didnt get a reply from the email I sent directly to the person at ceo who helped me last fall. I think along with this "feedback" person (that replied to my earlier ceo@ email) that has been emailing back and forth, I will also try ceo@ roulette and see if I can get a reply from someone else there.

:confused:

Thank you for your reply. We are sorry, but if you are having problems getting these channels we ask you to contact your local dealer or one of our Technical Department at 1-800-333-3474 for further assistance, for we are unable to accurately determine the source of your situation via email. The troubleshooting process is more effective and can diagnose the problem quicker with direct communication over the phone.

I think it is Iceberg that usually has this info.

Scott mentioned in the recap of the retailers chat that they showed Sci-fi and Usa hd being broadcast form the wing satellites. Maybe they believe that they are on 61.5 and 129, not on 110. Couldn't be that dumb could they?

I am now wondering if this is possibly a future plan, and why it was not activated for Alaska. They don't want to take it away later. Doesn't seem to be any way to get an answer. CEO email or calling just leads around in circles. I think the email I sent tonight will just get a repeat of the vague no plans to make it available in your area without any reason as to why. If they really have a plan ;), they could have had the courtesy of not adding it to our guide with the call to subscribe screen.

Or just maybe, you don't really want the answer to your question. :rolleyes:

I am now wondering if this is possibly a future plan, and why it was not activated for Alaska. They don't want to take it away later. Doesn't seem to be any way to get an answer. CEO email or calling just leads around in circles. I think the email I sent tonight will just get a repeat of the vague no plans to make it available in your area without any reason as to why. If they really have a plan ;), they could have had the courtesy of not adding it to our guide with the call to subscribe screen.

Or just maybe, you don't really want the answer to your question. :rolleyes:

No reply to the e-mails that I sent either. I'm starting to believe that they don't really care about us in Ak. If I ever get a response from anyone I'll post it.

No reply to the e-mails that I sent either. I'm starting to believe that they don't really care about us in Ak. If I ever get a response from anyone I'll post it.

Same here, no response. Not looking good.

Is Direct Tv an option for you? I'm borderline, but think I could get it installed.

Same here, no response. Not looking good.

Is Direct Tv an option for you? I'm borderline, but think I could get it installed.

The problem with direct here on the Kenai Peninsula is when I enter my zip code no locals are available and over the air are not even a possibility. Maybe something will happen one of these days.

The problem with direct here on the Kenai Peninsula is when I enter my zip code no locals are available and over the air are not even a possibility. Maybe something will happen one of these days.

I'll wait a while, but I'm not happy with the way Dish is handling this. I'm expecting the channels to disappear from our guide so that people will quit calling and complaining, that should do it for me.

I called Dish to see if there was any news on allowing Alaska customers to receive these two channels. I was told that we can't get them because they are not on 110, but 129. I mentioned that a local dealer had them up in his show room and they looked just fine.

I told her that the information they have was incorrect and they might want to verify that before passing along the wrong information to the next customer. She got really upset and said if that's what I want to believe go ahead, but she wouldn't argue with me.

You would think that by now the CSRs would at least know the correct satellite.

I've contacted Dish a few times over this and other issues and this is the first time I talked with a CSR that was actually rude.

I called Dish to see if there was any news on allowing Alaska customers to receive these two channels. I was told that we can't get them because they are not on 110, but 129.

Feedback (ceo@ responder) told me they were on 110. Someone there knows. Here is where I currently am. Calls only lead to take a message, they will get back to you, then they never do. Condensed version of the email saga:

-------------------------------------------------
My first email to ceo: are they going to be added to Alaska package?

my next email: can you clarify? have channels in red in guide, mpeg4 receiver, green signal, hd package, channels subscribed in sd

feedback: channels are on 110, records say you have 110, can you verify?

me: yes 110, simulcast blah blah blah, how about these?

feedback: dont email us, call tech support, we dont understand your problem

me: problem is they have not been added to package

I called Dish to see if there was any news on allowing Alaska customers to receive these two channels. I was told that we can't get them because they are not on 110, but 129. I mentioned that a local dealer had them up in his show room and they looked just fine.
If I'm not mistaken, both DIRECTV and DISH Network recommend that you call a special number for Alaskan service. The CONUS CSRs are not prepared for questions from AK customers.

I would suggest that you ask your local dealer any questions you might have.

If I'm not mistaken, both DIRECTV and DISH Network recommend that you call a special number for Alaskan service. The CONUS CSRs are not prepared for questions from AK customers.

I would suggest that you ask your local dealer any questions you might have.

The local dealer I deal with is in contact with Dish and trying to see why we can't receive these. He is able to view the channels in his showroom and would like to advertise these as being available for customers. I'm sure he could get a few more customers if Dish adds these to the "Alaska" package.

I actually called Direct TV and could probably sign up for full coverage, but hoping Dish gets their act together.

Still calling Dish about getting these in Alaska, today sounded a little more promising. The CSR I talked with said that a request from the engineering dept has been submitted to put these in the Alaska HD package.

Scott, any way for you to check if this is accurate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)