Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Got home today and Chiller was in my guide and I'm able to view it.

Same sat as SCIFI and USA HD.

Thanks Charlie, now how about we trade Chiller for the other two.

But just think instead of watching BSG in HD on Friday, we can catch Bride of Chucky instead. :eureka

Good point!;)

How stupid is it that Chiller is in the clear for all customers(including Alaska) that have the 250 package and we can watch it, but SciFi and USA HD are not in the clear for all HD customers?

Do you think any Dish customers in Alaska will be complaining if they can't get Chiller and it's part of the 250 package?

Good point!;)

How stupid is it that Chiller is in the clear for all customers(including Alaska) that have the 250 package and we can watch it, but SciFi and USA HD are not in the clear for all HD customers?

Do you think any Dish customers in Alaska will be complaining if they can't get Chiller and it's part of the 250 package?

Scott mentioned in the recap of the retailers chat that they showed Sci-fi and Usa hd being broadcast form the wing satellites. Maybe they believe that they are on 61.5 and 129, not on 110. Couldn't be that dumb could they?

Scott mentioned in the recap of the retailers chat that they showed Sci-fi and Usa hd being broadcast form the wing satellites. Maybe they believe that they are on 61.5 and 129, not on 110. Couldn't be that dumb could they?

That may be why they are not activated for us. I think the right person at Dish just needs to be made aware of the situation and this will be fixed. Maybe if we complain long enough it'll work it's way of the chain.

Maybe getting closer. I doubt it will be until next frakking week, and not within the next 2 hours.

"Feedback" has now said the channels are on 110, and I need to confirm I get 110. Of course in an earlier email I said I got the channels in red on the guide and had a green locked signal on the tp. Sent another email, its been taking several days for the reply, and with the weekend I'm not holding my breath.

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

I couldn't care less either way about the show, and I understand that it's the way it's filmed, but BSG is one of the worst examples of a show in HD that you could possibly show someone. You can find network programming in SD that has a comparable picture.

Somewhat true

I couldn't care less either way about the show, and I understand that it's the way it's filmed, but BSG is one of the worst examples of a show in HD that you could possibly show someone. You can find network programming in SD that has a comparable picture.

I tend to agree that it looks different but it is nowhere nearly as bad in pq as SD.

Still not available in Alaska... I called last week and talked to a CSR for about 10 minutes, and, while she was polite and pleasant, I got the standard "gee, I don't know...I would think you should be able to get it" reply. You know, it seems to me that, if E* is advertising a channel as "national", it needs to be available nationally. Anybody know a lawyer who'd like to make a few hundred thousand dollars off of a lawsuit attacking E*'s false advertising?

The reason you don't hear people in Hawai'i bitching is the fact that they can go outside and do stuff year-round. It is 9 o'clock in the morning here in beautiful North Pole, and it's 27 degrees F. It is snowing. It has been snowing, off and on, for the last two days. Winter is now on its seventh month.

Still no reply from the ceo office and one other at Dish about the lack of Sci-Fi and Usa in Ak. Only been a week now. I guess I can expect an answer "SOON".

Anchorage had up to 24" of snow Friday. Nice late winter/early spring surprise. Here on the Kenai we had about 3".

Last edited:
Move?

Still no reply from the ceo office and one other at Dish about the lack of Sci-Fi and Usa in Ak. Only been a week now. I guess I can expect an answer "SOON".

Anchorage had up to 24" of snow Friday. Nice late winter/early spring surprise. Here on the Kenai we had about 3".

If the transponders is showing green for your area then you should be able to receive the channel. You might consider a "move" to the Seattle area. That is unless you are getting LIL in your area over the dish.

The reason you don't hear people in Hawai'i bitching is the fact that they can go outside and do stuff year-round. It is 9 o'clock in the morning here in beautiful North Pole, and it's 27 degrees F. It is snowing. It has been snowing, off and on, for the last two days. Winter is now on its seventh month.

I need to go outside and do stuff. Sweep the snow off the deck and shovel the cement in front of our garage.

Still red in the guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)