Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

If you think about it a bit this kind of thing would be the quintessential insider trade.
But not the illegal kind...

Legal "insider trading" may not be based on material non-public information. Illegal insider trading in the US requires the participation (perhaps indirectly) of a corporate insider or other person who is violating his fiduciary duty or misappropriating private information, and trading on it or secretly relaying it.

As long as the trading takes place after public announcements and based on plans already documented and available, there is no illegal activity here.

But not the illegal kind...

Legal "insider trading" may not be based on material non-public information. Illegal insider trading in the US requires the participation (perhaps indirectly) of a corporate insider or other person who is violating his fiduciary duty or misappropriating private information, and trading on it or secretly relaying it.

As long as the trading takes place after public announcements and based on plans already documented and available, there is no illegal activity here.

Agreed. My bad. You can't trade on non-public material events, but of course can trade on anything that has been made public. Supposed to further efficient markets, but of course it doesn't help much.

My guess is also that a material event isn't any old thing (like a plan to increase national HD or a new marketing campaign). It would have to be something that people generally agree would affect the value of the stock one way or the other.

Charlie duped me, I thought for sure we would have Sci Fi by the start of BSG. Why else would he have 6 on Charlie Chat. Dumb me, he just wanted to grope her.

It doesn't start until Friday April 4th. How have you been duped?

I will have been duped if come April 4th I don't have Sci-Fi in Hi-Def. And then come April 5th I will have DirecTV instead of Dish. I will miss my VIP622 though if it comes to that.

It'd be nice...and it might keep me from cutting back on my E* subscription. What with the price hikes, the end of my promotional discount and the lack of new much-desired channels, I'm finally finding it hard to justify what I'm paying them.

Hear that Charlie? I know I'm not alone--and we're fans, really. But one has to look at where the goods are. And I'm not just talking about D*. Think about it--with Blu-ray sure to get a boost in offerings now that the format war is over, NetFlix will start eating away premium subs if they don't start adding worthy HD content--and soon!

When can we watch? Hmmm.......well that'd be WHFO or Charlie decides to abdicate, which I'm guessing will both happen 'SOON'. :devil:

Charlie duped me, I thought for sure we would have Sci Fi by the start of BSG. Why else would he have 6 on Charlie Chat. Dumb me, he just wanted to grope her.

Assuming that they actually realize people are wanting to see HDBSG, it could very well have been a ruse to make people think they were going to get it all worked out in time for BSG.

Think about it--with Blu-ray sure to get a boost in offerings now that the format war is over, NetFlix will start eating away premium subs if they don't start adding worthy HD content--and soon!

Now if only BSG was available in BD...maybe one day.

Ted

Possibly when Dish has capacity to add the full NBC-Universal suite of HD channels. The tale goes "all or none".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts