Sci-Fi HD...when can we watch?

well crap, i guess tomorrow when they don't turn on SciFi HD, we can all blame bowens. They would delay it another month for that extra $10 bucks.

IF SciFiHD is launched in time for BSG then I am downgrading to the HD essentials pack. The only reason I'm keeping ultimate is to watch BSG on UniversalHD.
If I wasn't addicted to Top Gear on BBCA, then I would also go this route, as I also get the German channels and it can get kinda pricey..........

As for Universal HD playing BSG, I think its kinda cool that they will play the whole series start-ish to finish, in order without season breaks. I just don't expect it to ever show up on UHD again afterwards, much like Firefly. I'm glad I sprung for the external HD option on my DVR......

If I wasn't addicted to Top Gear on BBCA, then I would also go this route, as I also get the German channels and it can get kinda pricey..........

As for Universal HD playing BSG, I think its kinda cool that they will play the whole series start-ish to finish, in order without season breaks. I just don't expect it to ever show up on UHD again afterwards, much like Firefly. I'm glad I sprung for the external HD option on my DVR......

Firefly returns to UHD April 5th 8:00 ET. I'm gonna archive the whole season.

I watched Heart of Gold, Objects in Space and part of Trash last night (instead of catching up on new content);) needed my Firefly fix... :D
Objects In Space... my favorite. I love when Jayne complains about River cutting him and Wash says, "Wacky Fun!"

see I was really hoping that Dish would add Sci-Fi HD while Season 4 of Stargate Atlantis was on because I got dish shortly after Season 4 of Atlantis aired and then I became disappointed that it didn't get added and if it isn't added by the start of Season 5 I am going to be really mad.

Hey, you people who are planning on DVR'ing the whole Firefly series:
Buy the whole series on DVD from amazon for $24 (sometimes on sale for $19.99)!

Support the franchise - it they sell enough of those DVD's maybe we'll get another movie.
Yeah, I'm probably dreaming, but as a loyal Brown Coat it is my responsibility to help spread the word.
"You can't stop the signal!!"

Edit - "Firefly - The Complete Series" is still # 13 for TV and #55 overall for DVD sales at Amazon- Not bad!!

Support the franchise - it they sell enough of those DVD's maybe we'll get another movie.
Yeah, I'm probably dreaming, but as a loyal Brown Coat it is my responsibility to help spread the word.
"You can't stop the signal!!"

Edit - that series is still # 13 for TV and #55 overall for DVD sales at Amazon- Not bad!!

DVD is NOT HD

UNIHD is!

Well, there's a place holder on Amazon for the blu ray version of FireFly - but who knows when/if that will actually be out (Serenity was HD DVD)

Not a huge visible PQ difference between Firefly on Dish HD vs regular DVD on my 46" TV anyway.

Well, there's a place holder on Amazon for the blu ray version of FireFly - but who knows when/if that will actually be out (Serenity was HD DVD)

Not a huge visible PQ difference between Firefly on Dish HD vs regular DVD on my 46" TV anyway.
We will see what happens with blu ray and if anything every gets released before downloads kill it off. Regardless...

I project a 92" screen and I can tell the difference in the tiny details. When I can get HD, I get it. Otherwise, I upscale the dvd.

Thanks for checking though!

That would be a Big Damn Miracle, Sir.

I just watched the Battlestar Galactica Miniseries on DVD and there is a huge difference between that and watching episodes on UniversalHD on my 50".

Yes it would be.
But apparently Big Damn Miracles do happen, occasionally ...
FUTURAMA IS BACK (with new material, that is)!!!!!!

(hey - nice avatar 8bitbytes!)

Thanks! I am mentally willing the powers that be to fund the next Serenity movie and no power in the 'verse can stop me.

Well, I've been saying for months now that I WILL see the BSG premiere in HD. Called D* last night and set an appointment for Thursday April 3rd... Got a fantastic deal with the AAA discount.

If SciFi shows up Wednesday I'll cancel the install. I know - grass isn't always greener, don't let the door hit you, etc. I hope Charlie gets his stuff together or there will be some very disappointed people next week.

Well, I've been saying for months now that I WILL see the BSG premiere in HD. Called D* last night and set an appointment for Thursday April 3rd... Got a fantastic deal with the AAA discount.

If SciFi shows up Wednesday I'll cancel the install. I know - grass isn't always greener, don't let the door hit you, etc. I hope Charlie gets his stuff together or there will be some very disappointed people next week.

+1

Stupid roofers....

VIP222 - Separate Coax Runs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts