SciFi channel volume

Mindstorm

Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
Is anybody else experiencing low volume when on the SciFi channel? All my other channels come in with fine volume levels (that is they are all about equal), but when I turn to channel 523 (SciFI), I need to notch up the volume quite a bit as it is so low. I haven't tried using an analog audio connection to my receiver yet so that is one thing for me to try, but since all the other channels are sounding fine via the toslink connection, I don't think that's the problem.

It could be a Id10T error on my part, but I thought I'd ask here while I'll try to track this down.

I have that same problem on SciFi. My TV volume goes from 0-50. My normal volume is between 7-10 for everything. On SciFi I had to go up to about 25 just to hear it and it still wasnt really loud. I switched channels and almost got blasted out of my chair.

How does SCI-FI look to you? I think it is one of the poor quality SD channels. When I switch to cable it looks much better. I too have the same issue with low sound output when watching SCI-FI on Voom.

MichaelG said:
How does SCI-FI look to you? I think it is one of the poor quality SD channels. When I switch to cable it looks much better. I too have the same issue with low sound output when watching SCI-FI on Voom.

Your cable must give it more bw than voom because voom looks much better on scifi than dish and directv even with the new encoders.

Sci Fi Channel may be bad but there are variations on all channels. iTunes (of iPod fame) has this neat feature where it will normalize the volume of all songs in the library so they all sound the same loudness at the same volume setting. Can't they do that with sound on video channels as well?

:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)