scored my first ever 7 foot c-ban dish have questions about recievers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hanksmith5

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
az
hello I scored my first ever 7 foot c-ban dish am going to get it free of charge my parents are going to help me pick it up. I am totally vlind my sighted neighbor is going to help aim the dish. questions I have what recievers will work with this disk? plan on using cband and ku band off of the same dish. what recievers would you all suggest fore a newbe? also I am on a limited income so if any one has any there not using let me know as well, I will pay fore shipping. I am intering the world of big dish fore the first time. Hank email: hanksmith5@gmail.com

That depend what you want to watch, a single satellite or want to track difference satellites. if use it as fixed dish, much simple, any Digital box will do, if you need more satellites programming, need an older analog receiver for move the dish and an actuation arm.

The best start to being initiated into the "C"- band community is to do some reading, and then once you have a basic knowledge, then figure out what you want for features in a receiver for the good ol'e "C" band.
I have a Coolsat 5000, they are real cheap, easy to setup, and have one of the best pictures I have ever come across.

The Coolsat receiver will also receive HD programming, but will only output standard definition, but like I said and many will agree, this receiver has one of the best quality pictures ever.

As well you can get a dual purpose LNB to allow both linear, and circular signals, as there are some circular, unencrypted channels up there.

There is alot of really great knowledge right here on site.
Be it "C" or "KU" band there is always lots and lots of reading to be done, and also you might concider getting a binder or starting a new folder on your computer just for your project.

Here is a couple of interesting threads that might help you out in understanding what you can do with your 7 footer dish.

These links might answer some questions as well as make you ask a few as well. Either way these links will help you out.
Just clic on them to go to the thread.

1) http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/186913-power-vu-dcii-what-these.html

2) http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/194781-handy-transponder-list.html

3) http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/195686-two-lbns-6-ft-will-work.html

4) This one will answer your dual band (KU and C band question)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...pansat-9200hd-dvb-s2-blind-search-module.html

5)This is a link to a site to help you out with the set-up of your dish(hope this is allowed) to get the link to work simply replace the "*" with a "t" to get the link to work--- h**p://www.satellitehelp.com/installation_index.asp

Good luck and happy testing, your in the Big-Dish Club now. lol :)

If you have one dish it's better to have a motor and track the arc.

I'd go that way if possible.

HD receivers can be had. They display both sd and hd, they almost all get radio too, which you may especially want.

hello thanks fore the reply. I have been sick the last couple days so am just now getting to checking the thread. the dish I will be getting will be motorised, I have to pick it up from the person's house am trying to get that aranged as we speak. with me being site impaired its hard fore me to pick it up. does the coolsat think that was the recommended reciever does that do radio? radio is one of the main things I will be using the dish fore as well as tv, and also this dish will have a lmb fore ku band as well. can you also tell me where to get a coolsat and its price? thanks fore the help. ps I can't wait to get my bud!!! <smiles> really excited.

Coolsat receivers can be found on ebay and craigslist, the 5000 model is no longer made but is a very popular box. The digital free to air receivers will receive tv and radio signals that are unencrypted. Many of the standard definition receivers will also play audio-only on HD channels you might scan in. You should be able to snag a Coolsat 5000 for under 50dollars these days on ebay. A lot of the fta receivers out there had been used to hack dishnetwork but a recent upgrade in their scrambling system rendered most of them unable to 'steal' any more , lol so they are only good now for their legal,intended purpose and hackers are dumping them.

what do you recommend fore anao cband tv and radio reception? also if this 7-foot dish falls threw where can I get leads on others?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)