SCORED NCAA FINAL FOUR TICKETS!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MikeinBaja

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
San Diego area (CA)
Need advise from anyone familiar with Indy - just got a notice in the mail today that I scored 2 tickets to the final four B-Ball tourney via the NCAA lottery! All 3 games!

First - is the Mariott Residence Inn on Founders Road any good? I know it's about 5 miles from the arena according to the map - but everything within about 2 miles looked sort of creepy.

Anything else located around there (decent bar, restaurants, etc.)?

We plan to fly in Friday for the semi's on Saturday and leave Tuesday morning (Monday night final game).

Needless to say WE ARE REALLY STOKED but I figure wrapping up plans earlier rather than later could get us a decent deal.

Any input from anyone familiar with Indy would be greatly appreciated.

First off. You must take the Sports forum moderator to the games with you. Hey that's me. :D

Congrats.

Unless it's the week of the 500, Indianapolis is about as much fun as watching leaves fall (just kidding ;)).

The internet has a ton of info on Indianapolis (but you probably knew that already and just wanted to brag about your tickets - like the rest or us do).

Unless it's the week of the 500, Indianapolis is about as much fun as watching leaves fall (just kidding ;)).

The internet has a ton of info on Indianapolis (but you probably knew that already and just wanted to brag about your tickets - like the rest or us do).

Actually, I really was/am looking for info and recommendations, since I'm not at all familiar with Indy and I'm sure some Indy locals troll this board. As you know, many hotel rating sites are filled with glowing recommendations (often posted by the hotel itself) even the real dumps.

Can't even consider taking the board mod - ever seen a REALLY PO'd redhead?

Actually, I really was/am looking for info and recommendations, since I'm not at all familiar with Indy and I'm sure some Indy locals troll this board. As you know, many hotel rating sites are filled with glowing recommendations (often posted by the hotel itself) even the real dumps.

Can't even consider taking the board mod - ever seen a REALLY PO'd redhead?

Can't say that I have, but I totally understand. :D

Just about all the downtown hotels here in Indy are decent, but you may find them already booked for Final Four Weekend...The Marriott you mentioned is also decent and is close to downtown.

As for the nightlife, Downtown Indy will be rockin' that weekend!!!...We know how to put on a party...we do it every year in May for 400,00 of my closest friends!!!...:D

The main concern is the weather that time of year...It seems that just about every Final Four we have hosted here in the last couple of decades, there has been severe weather at least once over the course of the weekend. And I'm talking severe thunderstorms and even tornadoes...

Have fun while your're here, spend lots of money, then get the hell out that Tuesday!!!...;) (j/k)

Just about all the downtown hotels here in Indy are decent, but you may find them already booked for Final Four Weekend...The Marriott you mentioned is also decent and is close to downtown.

As for the nightlife, Downtown Indy will be rockin' that weekend!!!...We know how to put on a party...we do it every year in May for 400,00 of my closest friends!!!...:D

The main concern is the weather that time of year...It seems that just about every Final Four we have hosted here in the last couple of decades, there has been severe weather at least once over the course of the weekend. And I'm talking severe thunderstorms and even tornadoes...

Have fun while your're here, spend lots of money, then get the hell out that Tuesday!!!...;) (j/k)

Thanks Boomer, that's the kind of stuff I was looking for. Already have the Mariott booked (less than I thought it would be for that weekend).

Coming in on Friday & out on Tuesday. Have been to two other Final Fours (San Antonio & Minneappolis) but never even flown through Indy, so that town's a blank slate for me.

How bad is parking downtown? With the usual downtown parking issues (I'd suspect) thinking of not renting a car.

Thanks Boomer, that's the kind of stuff I was looking for. Already have the Mariott booked (less than I thought it would be for that weekend).

Coming in on Friday & out on Tuesday. Have been to two other Final Fours (San Antonio & Minneappolis) but never even flown through Indy, so that town's a blank slate for me.

How bad is parking downtown? With the usual downtown parking issues (I'd suspect) thinking of not renting a car.

Parking can be a bit tough during the Final Four, not so much from availability, but price!!!...It seems that most of the public parking fees went up dramatically for last week's Colts pre-season game, and no one is really sure why, and if it will stay like that...More to come on that...

And make sure you hit the "Slippery Noodle" during your stay...can't miss it, it's just 2 blocks down the street from Lucas Oil Stadium, where the beer is cold, and the blues is hot!!!!...:cool:

I hope my name was picked also. Enjoyed the Final Four here in Detroit last year, except for the part of MSU lossing. Should hear in the next couple of days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)