rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
Contrary to everthing else that we've heard so far abou the 921 being able to record one OTA ATSC/HD channel over in this thread on AVSForum http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2929776#post2929776

there's the supposed e-mail from Dish saying that it won't record:

According to an e-mail reply I just received from the Dish Network, the PVR921 will NOT record HD from the OTA. It will show it but not record it. 90% of my shows are on network. I'm so disapointed. I'm going to get the RCA DVR10 for half the price when it comes out.

Now with all the garbage going on with Superdish it wouldn't surprise me that Dish is pulling something like this. But it would nice to get some verification and since you have the inside sources can you please check it out?? Thanks - Rick
[/b]

The spec sheet from E* states:
"Integrated off-air tuner for reception of local digital/HD and analog broadcasts that can record digital/HD broadcasts onto the hard drive."

Yea, that's strange. Everything I've heard about the 921 said it could record digital OTA signals -- just not analog.

Maybe your email was answered directly by Charlie. He's the last person that would know the correct answer. :D

SlicerMDM said:
Maybe your email was answered directly by Charlie. He's the last person that would know the correct answer. :D

It wasn't my e-mail, I just was passing along what someone else posted. I know the spec sheet, and everything we've been told, up to now, has said it can record one ATSC/HD&SD program, no NTSC. But then again until this week Dish didn't say that a number of locations/states couldn't use the current Superdish set up either.

If this turns out to be true everyone on the 921 wait list will be bumped up one notch since I'll be cancelling my order and saying hello to D* and the HD Tivo.

The 921 will record one ATSC Channel. It will not be able to record NTSC as that would require an MPEG encoder. The TIVO will most likely also not record NTSC for the same reason, cost.

RAD - I received a similiar reply from E* a few months back, but was later corrected to agree with what DenR states. The 921 will record HD OTA but not SD.

Stingray said:
RAD - I received a similiar reply from E* a few months back, but was later corrected to agree with what DenR states. The 921 will record HD OTA but not SD.

Just to be a bit more precise, the 921 will record an ATSC/DTV/8VSB signal whether it's SD or HD (ie 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i). The 921 will not record an NTSC signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)