Scott, please create Dish subforum "VOOM is GONE!"

Status
rockymtnhigh

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Not necessary. Yes, there are a lot of threads; but this will all calm down in a a bit. No need for a new forum.

R

RadCPUman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 8, 2007
One thread would be MUCH better.

Neutron

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
One thread would be a nightmare....

TNGTony

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I'm done with it. My position has been well stated and there is nothing more I can do but sulk. Others like me will do the same eventually.

Thanks to the other staffers for not stifling conversation by shoving it all in one thread.

See ya
Tony

mike123abc

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
This time next week there will be very little discussion unless something new happens like a court ruling or some sort of agreement between Dish and VOOM. Then there will be 20 treads started about the breaking news. The board will survive a week of this.

dfergie

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
And shoving them all into one thread shuts down the independent conversations... some of these threads do have their own personalities and shoehorning stifles that imho... one look at the traffic in the dish forums here and elsewhere was proof of that the last 2 days...

Drone35

Drone35

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 3, 2005
Amarillo,TX
Not a staff member, but I too think after a couple weeks of morning that most will be over Voom! :)

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have a feeling that most of the voom conversation will die down and there will be something else to talk about. :)

Just landed in Chicago headed for Team Summit in Nashville. :)

MikeD-C05

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I agree and have said as much. When McDOnalds discontinued their McRib sandwich a lot of people complained for a while , but they kept coming back . Voom is the McRib of these threads. They will move on to something else like the other 20 hd channels that DISH needs to add to be even with DIRECTV on national hd channels -not including sports.

S

Smith P.

On Vacation
Oct 4, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Wish I have rights to create sub-forums ... Today we have large volume of threads regarding VOOM kaboom, I see it will benefit to organize and keep the volume in separate sub, next time McRib will come - will create other sub-forum. It will look nice build and allow quickly find all relate discussions in one place. I see only benefits for that ruling.

dfergie

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Yesterday we had 1,300+ in the Dish Forums alone and 3,300 + On site... at the same time the other site had 1,500 on the whole site... I haven't added up our scattered posts vs. theirs but am sure having choice helps. ;)

Peter Parker

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I think that the utility of such a subforum would be limited and short lived. I hope that we don't do it.

RandallA

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
I agree and have said as much. When McDOnalds discontinued their McRib sandwich a lot of people complained for a while , but they kept coming back . Voom is the McRib of these threads. They will move on to something else like the other 20 hd channels that DISH needs to add to be even with DIRECTV on national hd channels -not including sports.

I want my McRib sandwich back, damn it! :)

T

TAP112

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 6, 2007
Anyone who liked a McRib would love REAL barbeque. Sauces are great, but the quality of the meat is KING and if you start with crap, the best you can end up with is .......crap with a good sauce.
:eureka :hungry:

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I could go for a McRib. :)

Just landed in Nashville. :D

Status