Scott, Please stop the Fireworks and Masks!

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
They're not user friendly. IOW, annoying. Happy New Year anyway!

Reactions: reddice
Like I was saying in the other thread I have my disabled on two different devices with two different browsers and I'm still seeing fireworks even though when I go back into my preferences it still shows disabled

Like I was saying in the other thread I have my disabled on two different devices with two different browsers and I'm still seeing fireworks even though when I go back into my preferences it still shows disabled
Time to phone home. Scott might be able to help you.

I usually enjoy the holiday themes, and enjoyed the snow the last week. I don't even mind the new fireworks really, but the avatar "masks" covering dang near the whole avatar image are going to far. Never minded the little hats or snow covering that just kinda sit on top of the avatar, but to almost completely block the avatar is just a poor concept.

I usually enjoy the holiday themes, and enjoyed the snow the last week. I don't even mind the new fireworks really, but the avatar "masks" covering dang near the whole avatar image are going to far. Never minded the little hats or snow covering that just kinda sit on top of the avatar, but to almost completely block the avatar is just a poor concept.
Yes, the Masks are quite a bit over done ...

I am shocked that so many of you have apparently never turned off the holiday themes feature long ago. These have been going on for a long time, and this old WXP (now W7) computer is too damn slow to animate snowflakes, particularly when I like to open 10 or more tabs of SG simultaneously. I turned them off long ago and never see any snowflakes, or fireworks, or masks.

Speaking of which, there is one new feature of this forum software that DRIVES ME CRAZY. Note my preferred browsing style. While I am attending to one tab, somebody posts something new in that tab or another thread tab, and that new post gets added to the bottom of that tab regardless of it's true order, and even when there are pages and pages that I haven't read yet that predate the most recent post. So often I see a post that makes no sense since it's out of context.

I wish there were a way to turn off that auto-update feature. Bah humbug.

I am shocked that so many of you have apparently never turned off the holiday themes feature long ago. These have been going on for a long time, and this old WXP (now W7) computer is too damn slow to animate snowflakes, particularly when I like to open 10 or more tabs of SG simultaneously. I turned them off long ago and never see any snowflakes, or fireworks, or masks.

Speaking of which, there is one new feature of this forum software that DRIVES ME CRAZY. Note my preferred browsing style. While I am attending to one tab, somebody posts something new in that tab or another thread tab, and that new post gets added to the bottom of that tab regardless of it's true order, and even when there are pages and pages that I haven't read yet that predate the most recent post. So often I see a post that makes no sense since it's out of context.

I wish there were a way to turn off that auto-update feature. Bah humbug.
That's not new. For a few years, anytime I make a new post, I scroll up to where I left off reading and hit Refresh to get things back in order. I've seen this on many forums over the years. Thge old Buffalo Bills Message Board was the worst, pushing you back pages