Scott's C-Band Dish install

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No what I meant is on the 621's the probes for C-Band and KU Band arent lined up properly so C-Band works fine but KU is bad unless you twist the LNB

The Geosat C/K1 works fine

No what I meant is on the 621's the probes for C-Band and KU Band arent lined up properly so C-Band works fine but KU is bad unless you twist the LNB

The Geosat C/K1 works fine

Ok i didn't know that, ku is less forgiving so i fine tune on ku if the customer has KU and wants KU your neck of the woods is harder to fine dishes i would use free cycle there's plenty of them out there, why buy them

Gary

Well today I received my DMX741U I ordered from WSI / Galaxy Marketing (Actually I ordered the non U version, but this one will do.) :)

So got the ladder out and replaced the BSC621 with this new LNB.

Immediately was getting a higher signal on C Band signals, going from 52 to low 70's.

Went on KU and adjusted the skew to get this highest KU signals, signals that were in the high 40's to low 50's were now in the high 60's.

I kept moving the dish and adjusting things until I got the highest readings possible on the two satellites I was going between.

I then went from 91 to 123 on KU and when I got over to 123 my signals were in the mid 60's I was very happy.

The DMX471U was a great move and I am happy very happy with it.

However there are two services I really want to get that I cant pick up.

One being NBC, I cant get it on C Band at 105 or KU. I am able to get 53% quality on the KU signal (was not getting anything yesterday with the BSC621) but the signal keeps going from 53% quality for about 4 seconds then 0% for one second and back up to 53% quality, so my AZBOX can't lock on to it. I am so close here.

The other one being RTN, on KU I am only getting 45% quality and the picture breaks up alot. And I am not able to pick up the S2 feed on C Band. I can lock on ThisTV on that satellite with a 56% quality.

If the AZBOX had Blindscan I would move over to it exclusively, I am sure I am losing quality with it being slaved from the GBOX to the Fortec Box and then to the AZBOX (and he AZBOX is slaved to the now dead GI650... I am going to unhook that now. :))

The new LNB helped a lot but still no total satisfaction. I am so close but still a ways off to what I want, not sure where to go from here.

One being NBC, I cant get it on C Band at 105 or KU. I am able to get 53% quality on the KU signal (was not getting anything yesterday with the BSC621) but the signal keeps going from 53% quality for about 4 seconds then 0% for one second and back up to 53% quality, so my AZBOX can't lock on to it. I am so close here.
AMC1 KU has the oddball skew so you may have issues

The other one being RTN, on KU I am only getting 45% quality and the picture breaks up alot.
bad weather in Tennessee right now
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/184231-bad-weather-chattanooga-rtn.html

Ok got RTV (RTN) in today on KU coming in at 53% quallity with no breakup. :)

Now to get NBC...

And also work on making the AZBOX controlable by the Slingbox. One of the things I don't like about the Fortec Mercury II is it does not decode Dolby Digital channels and output the sound over the AV outputs. :D

NBC in Ku? what bird? I don't pick up that one...
if answer is yes, on what transponder?
thanks for the answer.

AMC-1 has NBC and NBC feeds, but in the 4:2:2 profile. You need a receiver that supports that profile (AZBox, QualiTV) or a computer-based DVB card with the appropriate codecs installed in the PC.

AMC 1 at 103.0°W - LyngSat

Scroll down to the Ku transponders (5-digit frequencies)...

a couple things about S2...

because they are tougher to receive for various reasons, hook the LNB directly to the AZBOX (don't take a tap from another receiver). There are not very many S2 signals I can get when I use the LNB-out from another receiver. Hooking up directly, I get all the S2 signals.

If you go direct and still can't lock the signal, chances are your LNB is not phase stable enough. I use quality Norsat 8115's for C-band and 4106's (I think) for Ku-band. I haven't had much luck with a lot of S2 signals and cheapie LNBs like the BSC 621.

Thanks Tron!

So, basically what we have to do is to have 1 receiver per each codified system that transmits FTA signals, like the 4:2:2 , digicypher, S2, DVB and whatnot.... right?

P.D.: bear with me, I'm new to all this. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.