Scott's Crystal Ball Prdictions (A PLEA TO DISH NETWORK)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott Greczkowski said:
I got some bad news, which I hope is wrong...

The email comes from Marc Lumpkin at Dish Network who states the following...

"All new HD services will be in MPEG4 "

Let's hope Marc is wrong on this one, but it does not look good. :(

More as we know it.
I'll be firing off an email to the CEO address tomorrow, if this is the case. Won't make a difference, but it'll make me feel better:(

Scott Greczkowski said:
I got some bad news, which I hope is wrong...

The email comes from Marc Lumpkin at Dish Network who states the following...

"All new HD services will be in MPEG4 "

Let's hope Marc is wrong on this one, but it does not look good. :(

More as we know it.

Not surprised. This is what Dish has been saying they will do. They seem to always do the wrong thing. What a company. :mad:

I really wish that the rumor mongering would stop.. Scott, you post all this stuff claiming Dish Sources, but then act like its not the case or hope its not true. So which is it?? (I also wish you'd learn to type or spell its predictions, not "Prdictions"

I think it would be far better to actually see how things go, and stop all the useless speculation.

Normang-
If you don't like rumors there is another forum on down the road. Rumors are what make this place fun, and I for 1 like the excitement of it. If you don't, See ya!

Norm (or is that JL) if you don't like it then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

BTW the MPEG4 is not a rumor, this information comes Direct from Echostar spokesman Marc Lumpkin.

You see here I am not affraid to name my sources unlike other kiss ass sites who try pretending the world is not round.

lakebum431 said:
Normang-
If you don't like rumors there is another forum on down the road. Rumors are what make this place fun, and I for 1 like the excitement of it. If you don't, See ya!

Rumors of things to come are one thing, to basically mis-inform people because they have no facts is another..

Return-path: <Marc.Lumpkin@echostar.com>
Envelope-to: scott@satelliteguys.us
Delivery-date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:19:03 -0500
Received: from satellit by uplink.satelliteguys.us with local-bsmtp (Exim 4.52)
id 1F411q-0007cx-5Y
for scott@satelliteguys.us; Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:19:03 -0500
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.0 (2005-09-13) on
uplink.satelliteguys.us
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.5 required=5.0 tests=AWL,BAYES_00 autolearn=ham
version=3.1.0
Received: from [204.76.128.101] (port=3061 helo=mailout1.echostar.com)
by uplink.satelliteguys.us with esmtp (Exim 4.52)
id 1F411p-0007cs-Sd
for scott@satelliteguys.us; Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:19:02 -0500
Received: from MER2-EXCHVIP1.echostar.com ([10.3.215.98]) by MER2-EXCHFE1.echostar.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.0);
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:19:09 -0700
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5.7226.0
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Subject: RE: Is this official?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:19:03 -0700
Message-ID: <D0456E9E64921D4E8FA8F11963E8949D01655879@MER2-EXCHVIP1.echostar.com>
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
Thread-Topic: Is this official?
Thread-Index: AcYmmt4Avd0AWU/4RLqI4WjfSjFA5QAABLMg
To: "Scott Greczkowski" <scott@satelliteguys.us>
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 31 Jan 2006 19:19:09.0317 (UTC) FILETIME=[35ED5350:01C6269B]
X-ClamAntiVirus-Scanner: This mail is clean

There's a retailer chat next week to explain further followed by a fax
blast.

All new HD services will be in MPEG4 (with exception of Superbowl ABC
feed in 11 cities.

Marc Lumpkin
Interim Director of Corporate Communications
EchoStar's DISH Network
303-xxx-xxxx
marc.lumpkin@echostar.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott Greczkowski said:
Yeah I know I wish the other site wouldn't do that. :D

Scott, it seems to me that you do it more than other places.. being first with the news isn't always a good thing if your wrong.. or don't have all the information. Speculation sucks..

As I said before Norman, if you don't like it don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Actually my information has been VERY accurate as of late (in fact one from Dish told me my information was TOO accurate which was a concern of theirs)

HokieEngineer said:
Please explain where the misinformation is?

Now Scott posts an email, still with few details and little information.. And if I had time to go through this thread and highlight all the speculation, I would take more time than I wish to ever spend on such a thing..

Scott Greczkowski said:
As I said before Norman, if you don't like it don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Actually my information has been VERY accurate as of late (in fact one from Dish told me my information was TOO accurate which was a concern of theirs)

Scott, If your posting information that Dish would prefer to remain confidential, you might eventually wind up on the paying end of a lawsuit you cannot afford..

While you can always lock me out or whatever, I think I have a right to my opinion, just as much as you do yours.. I can appreciate that sometimes you bring useful information to light, in some cases it seems that garnering all the facts would be more prudent than posting something that is incomplete or speculation because Dish has not provided all the information yet.

Dang there's a lot of pent-up anger here!! I suggest that we should write our issues down and send 'em to echostar. Not that it would do any good. IMO Ole Charlie might be a good poker player but gamblers eventually DO lose. I think there will be a lot of complaining folks once they realize they can't get new programming and locals on their brand spankin' new 811's, 942's, etc $.02

Last edited:
normang said:
Scott, If your posting information that Dish would prefer to remain confidential, you might eventually wind up on the paying end of a lawsuit you cannot afford..

While you can always lock me out or whatever, I think I have a right to my opinion, just as much as you do yours.. I can appreciate that sometimes you bring useful information to light, in some cases it seems that garnering all the facts would be more prudent than posting something that is incomplete or speculation because Dish has not provided all the information yet.

We all do believe in the right to express your opinion here, but most of "speculation" as you call it does infact turn in to the truth and or was provided by creditable sources. We here cant help it that were so good at bringing information to you guys first. :D... maybe thats why our membership totals are double than over there. Any information that we do hand out here is not confidential.. It is public information. :)

Scott I agree with your first post one hundred percent. It makes no sense to me why they would rush into M4 when they don't have the proper hardware to back it up. This only frustrates customers and makes everyone unhappy. There is a reason why Directv is number one.....and with actions like these from Dish, you wonder if they want to stay number two.

Posted previously...but seems appropriate here too:

E*'s thoughts on it's loyal HD subs...

"Were going to make you buy all new equipment to get the new <wink, wink> MPEG4 HD channels that are really MPEG2 because we can't get MPEG4 to work. It will be in your best interest to have the latest in new receivers! even though we can't make the receiver work right either and may blow up your TV in the process. We'll promise to have no supply issues as long as you're the one of the first 12 callers, and we'll even help you with a rebate for those 921/942 owners!!! as long as you wait 2 months to get on the waiting list for the 622s we havent made yet. Have a nice day! or eat sh!t and die...we really don't care either way."

:rolleyes:

I am only releasing information that is being given to me, it is not my job to police what the information is or where its coming from.

If I don't report it someone else will.

I am also properly labeling stuff that is unofficial as rumors, nothing wrong with that, and there is not a damn thing any of Dish's lawyers can do about it, they know this. I have talked to them about this.

When something is labeled a rumor it is up to you to decide if it is a fact or not. Again if I don't report it someone else will.

The other site seems to leak information that is in no way official, and in fact many of their staff is under NDA's yet continue to release information in violation of their NDA's. I have spoken with Dish about this as well and they are aware of whats going on.

I also go out of my way to go through official channels to release information, and I should note information through official channels are not released as rumors since they come from official channels.

I hope that gives you a clearer picture. The rumors will continue and so will the internet best coverage of the Satellite Industry. As I said before but I will say it again, read it first at SatelliteGuys.US or read it elsewhere a few days later. :)

Thanks for playing!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)