Scott's DirecTV Review (DirecTV -VS- Dish)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
... Without reading it over again the first thing that comes to mind is the outdoor channel, it is available from Dtv.

If you are going to criticize someone, make sure you're getting the criticism right. In the above quoted case, you did not. Let's look at what Scott actually said:

... and while I have the DIrecTV Plus HD DVR package plus 3 months free of HBO, Showtime and Cinemax...

...In addition some channels that I am use to having on Dish are not available to me such as the Outdoor Channel....

While the Outdoor Channel is available in the Sports Pack, Premier or ala carte, it is not available in the Plus HD DVR package that Scott specifically said he had. Therefore, he was correct in his comment and you are guilty of not reading the post completely.

If you are so sloppy that I can find such a glaring error in about 20 seconds, why should I listen to anythng else you have to say?

"You ARE the Weakest Link-Good Bye!"

all the so called "long customers" have no clue what channels are what either.If they have directv can't they tune to 105 and see the answer.

I was at at work at the time and I commute from MO to TN every 2 weeks or so and was away from home & TV at the time when I asked; nor do I venture into the "mix" chnls as I have no need. Hell we have 10+ year users that still ask the same old questions about blackouts and many other daily issues. We are not all warehouse of stored DBS info. LOL!

I'll help him out while he's away.What I find interesting is all these people claim all his info is false,but all the so called "long customers" have no clue what channels are what either.If they have directv can't they tune to 105 and see the answer.What did scott have his service for when he wrote this ? 1 week, give Him a break! Geese!! But I know what you mean RAD !! You ask one question then some has to rip it to hell.

Actually I'll admit it, I know that the mix channels were in that 101 -110 area so thats why I stated what I did.
I never watch ANY of the MIX channels, to me it's a waste, who really needs to know what the MOST watched channel at a perticular time is, thats what one of them did.

Jimbo

Actually I'll admit it, I know that the mix channels were in that 101 -110 area so thats why I stated what I did.
I never watch ANY of the MIX channels, to me it's a waste, who really needs to know what the MOST watched channel at a perticular time is, thats what one of them did.

Jimbo
They are a waste!

I was at at work at the time and I commute from MO to TN every 2 weeks or so and was away from home & TV at the time when I asked; nor do I venture into the "mix" chnls as I have no need. Hell we have 10+ year users that still ask the same old questions about blackouts and many other daily issues. We are not all warehouse of stored DBS info. LOL!

I'm a 10 year sub, I have no clue what the mix channel #'s are, and really don't care to. I've looked at them once, that was enough for me.

If you are going to criticize someone, make sure you're getting the criticism right. In the above quoted case, you did not. Let's look at what Scott actually said:

While the Outdoor Channel is available in the Sports Pack, Premier or ala carte, it is not available in the Plus HD DVR package that Scott specifically said he had. Therefore, he was correct in his comment and you are guilty of not reading the post completely.

If you are so sloppy that I can find such a glaring error in about 20 seconds, why should I listen to anythng else you have to say?

Dont be silly anyone can call in and add the Outdoor Channel. He makes it sound as if he cant get it at all and thats not correct. Lets DO look at his statment not yours shall we.

In addition some channels that I am use to having on Dish are not available to me such as the Outdoor Channel.

This IS what he actually said. I don’t see how this is accurate as it was is and will be available to him, he just needed to add it but obviously he's not aware he can.

Last edited:
21 posts since my post asking Scott if he had an update, nothing from him but tons from others. Wonder why Scott doesn't want to provide an update?

Milkman .....

At the time of the original post 105 WAS a MIX channel

You are charged a FEE for ANY rec. other than the first, the FEE is either a LEASE or a ADDL. Rec. fee, in reality it IS a Mirroring FEE if you had no mirror you would never have any programming on the addl rec's.

You get charged either an ADDL or a Leasing fee.

Originally back in the day it was called a MIRRORING fee, not addl. rec fee.

Yes I am aware that you are only charged one of these fees and I do not think my post was confusing anyone.
And what are you attempting to educate me on here? You stated the whole lease/mirroring rundown like its something Ive never delt with, I have more times than Id like to have, had to explane it myself.
Shall we go thru YOUR post closer ?

Scott was doing a review on HIS experiences with D* from the beginning, not the date, alot of things have changed since that time, for one, most of the new HD channels were not even available then.

Do you update YOUR posts daily according to how technology changes ???

Jimbo
I already addressed this, like I said I didn’t look at the OP's date just that it was at the top of the list and assumed it would not be as old as it is, either way it's still not accurate and my opinion of it has not changed if you feel other wise so what? I dont care nor do I see a reason to attack you for it I stated my opinion of his review if people cant hang dont post a review on a forum where its open to criticism.

Last edited:
Dont be silly anyone can call in and add the Outdoor Channel. He make it sound as if he cant get it at all and thats not correct.

But the ability to get the Outdoor Channel ala carte is not universally known-in fact, as I understand it, you have to ask D* if you can get it ala carte. They cannot offer it to you that way. Why would they? They'd rather you buy the Sports Pack-something Scott apparently didn't want to do.

I'm a 10 year sub, I have no clue what the mix channel #'s are, and really don't care to. I've looked at them once, that was enough for me.
Thats ok if no one is sure whats what. Its the people who fly in here and start popping off at the mouth about someone else not knowing,and yet they don't have any clue either.!!

Speaking for myself, I dont claim to know it all but I can always find out if I dont. I’ve seen lots of inaccurate statements on the boards and for the most part just let them go on thinking they are right, saves drama. You can be sure that when I come on hear and post something it will be a fact not an opinion, everyone makes mistakes and so do I but its rare because my “best friend” works for DTV her name is Doris and she has all the answers.

You'll never hear me say I work for Dtv. Did you have a point? I dont think I attacked anyone with my last post but you seem fixated so what I think is, if you work for dtv you should have a better concept of whats available. When I explained to you that it was available you came back at me with “but most people done know that“ I would say if you are posting a review it would be a good idea to “know that” and more.

There was never a glaring error except for your judgment, if he had said the same thing about HBO you would see it differently. When someone states something is "not available to me" that’s saying they cant get it period. If he would have added "in my package" then Id have no issues with the statement, your whole point is flawed along with your logic. I’m not going to argue about it further.

Last edited:
Speaking for myself, I dont claim to know it all but I can always find out if I dont. I’ve seen lots of inaccurate statements on the boards and for the most part just let them go on thinking they are right, saves drama. You can be sure that when I come on hear and post something it will be a fact not an opinion, everyone makes mistakes and so do I but its rare because my “best friend” works for DTV her name is Doris and she has all the answers.
I hope she a CEO. Because CSR's only know what they are talking about 30% of the time . AT BEST! I can tell you what ever you want, about what channels are what on Directv. I'll even tell you what they cost. and I don't work for D*.

I hope she a CEO. Because CSR's only know what they are talking about 30% of the time . AT BEST! I can tell you what ever you want, about what channels are what on Directv. I'll even tell you what they cost. and I don't work for D*.

Im in no way saying people that dont work there are stupid, however things do change frequently at Dtv and to be able to actually know what the policies are day to day you would have to work there.

Funny thing is I do have a "friend" that works there and his supervisor did say CSR's that go online and identify themselves as employees will be terminated if Dtv finds out who they are, it has to do with proprietary information so I would not expect to see too many people pipe up and say they work in a call center.

As far as quality and CSR's are concerned. I know because of the costs Dtv contracts half of there call centers out, so they dont even work for directv half the time and the one call center that’s not in the US is notorious for mistakes.

CSR's hired by Dtv go into a training course, they have three weeks of eight hour a day classes and two weeks of OJT but the issue is people quit, like a lot. They cant handle the stress of all the a**holes that call up and treat them horribly. So some people that would be knowledgeable, good CSR's never make it.

And honestly programming is not even 1/10th of the information a CSR needs to know and/or know how to find to do there job correctly and its cake to find. Cost of programming is just as simple.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts