Scott's Review of a 942 Review

NightRyder said:
uhh...Add to that...No I won't say it... :shh :shh :shh

NightRyder

I just dont understand that? Why put to market a brand new dvr that wont do HDLIL (that will have to be mpeg4, and E* will be forced to pursue it when D* does) and cant record the football game on CBS while you watch the one on FOX OTA?:rolleyes: Lemme guess Charlie wants you to purchase another tuner? I have given serious consideration to DISH if Voom fails but this crap keeps making me cringe.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I would ultimately love to sit down with all the staff of both sites and have a beer or two... or three.. or... and try to put the past behind us and move forward into the future. Will that ever happen? I doubt it but the door is open.

Nah, that'll never happen because Scott has such bad taste in beer... :haha :D

vurbano said:
I just dont understand that? Why put to market a brand new dvr that wont do HDLIL (that will have to be mpeg4, and E* will be forced to pursue it when D* does) and cant record the football game on CBS while you watch the one on FOX OTA?:rolleyes: Lemme guess Charlie wants you to purchase another tuner? I have given serious consideration to DISH if Voom fails but this crap keeps making me cringe.

No I agree Vurbano. The only way I'd own a 942 is if I got one for free. I have to say V* long delayed DVR looks very exciting on paper, I only hope the service survives long enough for it to become available to their subscribers. Maybe something like that would push E* to get serious about their hardware.

NightRyder

Scott Greczkowski said:
There are stupid political things going on behind the scenes, and honestly it really is just stupid. Both sites have the same goals to help you guys learn about Satellite TV and make informed decissions when buying new Satellite equipment.

My 2 cents

I contribute/surport both forums. I think Scott, the staff and the users do a great job of keeping us informed. On the other forum, Mark and DBSTalk people do a good job too. Between the 2 forums everyone is kept up to date and can get answers and info when needed.

One forum would be nice however there is certainly room for 2 forums. I read more than one newspaper so do many others. But that said, please take this retired old man's advise - live is too short to argue with people who basiclly have the same goals as you.

Scott / Mark and your staffs, I believe can work together or separately while still respecting each others efforts. In the long run it will be better (mentality & physically) for all of you who work so hard keeping these forums going to be civil to each other. There are real problems in the world, the situation here could be solved with a little good will on both sides.

That's just my opinion.

If there was a Merger, think about all the extra features and news WE the customer would get. More real news info as you would get more REAL press credentials due to the bigger power base of the large sub count.

Turn it into the same power that a newspaper has.

Add video news ect . . .

Think about it please.

Out of sheer morbid curiosity, I see WeeJavaDude was the last poster in several threads but his posts are not present. In fact if you search his user name there are no posts from him present. Did you guys send him to "Tacky goes to Coventry"?

Now what happened to Bryan's response to question. Come on guys, where's this new found lets cut the bull and co-exist attitude you have been talking about all over your website?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Nippjas I have no idea what your talking about. Sorry.
Yes you do, you put Ron on vacation. Tacky goes to Coventry is a V-bulletion feature that allows you to hide a certain users posts from everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)