Scott's Review of a 942 Review

Tacky Goes to Coventry is a certain feature like Jason says that basically makes a user a complete ghost that can't be seen in any way by anybody except the staff who have access to the Tacky Goes to Coventry forum.

DBSOgre said:
Tacky Goes to Coventry is a certain feature like Jason says that basically makes a user a complete ghost that can't be seen in any way by anybody except the staff who have access to the Tacky Goes to Coventry forum.
Which would be where the SatGuys Staff has put WeeJavaDude, AKA Ron. And I am sure I'll be there in the next few minutes.

It must not be to far from your house then, your lucky sounds like a nice place for a vacation. Here is Connecticut all's we have is snow. :)

BTW I think I figured out the WeeJavaDude issue, he was on the global ignore list. I have just reset his account and he should be back in working order again.

Well you have bad memory, cause we don't use that feature or have a seperate forum to read hidden posts...

markdl said:
Nah, that'll never happen because Scott has such bad taste in beer... :haha :D

Actually I havent had a beer in over a year, and believe it or not that beer was bought for me by non other then Charlie Ergen. I really didn't even want a beer but he insisted. :D

nippjas said:
Which would be where the SatGuys Staff has put WeeJavaDude, AKA Ron. And I am sure I'll be there in the next few minutes.

are you the guy they call neil dingleberry and have another account to get into the pub area or is that someone else?

not trying to poke fun, but i don't hit the other site often and am just trying to figure out who everyone is.

No.. I am not Neil. I have the translation on my Signature. I am Ron Barry Aka WeeJavaDude. Changed it on DBSTalk when I become a Mod for the 811 room.

It looks like I missed something while taking a phone call. I seemed to magically go on a global ignore list right about the time I got a post deleted that I guess was classified as flame bait.. Since I have not gotten any PMs from the mods here I dont' really have clue why.

I am not even sure if people can see my posts.

WeeJavaDude said:
No.. I am not Neil. I have the translation on my Signature. I am Ron Barry Aka WeeJavaDude. Changed it on DBSTalk when I become a Mod for the 811 room.

It looks like I missed something while taking a phone call. I seemed to magically go on a global ignore list right about the time I got a post deleted that I guess was classified as flame bait.. Since I have not gotten any PMs from the mods here I dont' really have clue why.
Good. Then you didn't see what Scott called you.

Ron in cleaning up the messages this afternoon you were placed on the global ignore list (not intentially, and it was probably me who did it) you are now off it.

And no I didn't call you a name or anything, but I did call Jason one. :) There is no need for that crap, especially from someone claiming to be so estemed in the 811.

Anys these messages will also be removed in a bit to get us back on topic.

BTW for those who have no read Marks review yet please check it out at DBSTalk. It actually is a really good read now that it is all complete.

I think that there is plenty of room for 2 boards. Both Scott and Mark have their niche. I need them both in my desire to learn more about satellite TV.

As the owner of a 921, I depend heavily on Mark's site to keep me up-to-date on what is being fixed (or broken) with each software release. I can't tell you the number of times that I have wondered ... "Is that a problem MY 921, or is that a problem with ALL 921s?" I always find the answer over there.

On the other hand, Scott is the one who is best at digging out and posting the latest news and gossip. I depend on him to let me know what has happened, is happening, or may happen.

Again both of you guys are critical to keeping your members informed. Yes, Mark is more of an extension of E*, but he can teach me a lot more than the best of their tech support. Scott, you are more of the investigative reporter, feature writer, and Chairman of the Editorial Board. We need both of your talents!!

If I am at all critical, it is when I hear either one of you, or your staff, or your members boasting that "I got it first" or criticizing the other's approach or website. Candidly, it seems like a couple of kids fighting over toys in a sandbox. There are plenty of toys and sand for all. I suspect that both have lost more subscribers by ragging on the other, than you have gained by touting your strengths.

We need you both. Thanks for all that you do for all of us!

.....for what it's worth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)