Status
Please reply by conversation.

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
So now that I have my mini-BUD system all set up, I notice that I can tune the transponders of many mainstream pay-TV networks. Obviously they are scrambled and 4DTV is dead. Are there any of these channels that are fixed-key if you have the right descrambler? Or any services that sell access to the scrambled nets legally?

As far as I know, there's no one selling access to home viewers any more. The last C-band subscription company closed up shop a year or two ago. I suppose if you had the budget of a cable company, you might be able to get them with the right receivers. There's a thread about DC II stuff in the What's Up There section, but any other encryption method (Nagravision, PowerVu, etc) is out of reach of the common hobbyist.

As far as I know, there's no one selling access to home viewers any more. The last C-band subscription company closed up shop a year or two ago. I suppose if you had the budget of a cable company, you might be able to get them with the right receivers. There's a thread about DC II stuff in the What's Up There section, but any other encryption method (Nagravision, PowerVu, etc) is out of reach of the common hobbyist.
There is a company here in Washington selling a service with a $500+ receiver and a few pay channels. I have no clue how many subscribers that they have.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
This?

Forbidden to post this guy's website hyperlink here

Now you went and did it, WHOOPS. LOL!

i-hear-nothing-5b3ca4.jpg

You are going to have to stop posting that guys website, or talking about him. He's the only other thing we are forbidden to talk about here, besides piracy...

I went back and read the rules again and don't see anything about it. Should probably make that more clear. Otherwise, how would I know? Or anybody else, for that matter?

Edit: unless the packages he's selling are illegal, in which case I get it. But he makes it look legit

I went back and read the rules again and don't see anything about it. Should probably make that more clear. Otherwise, how would I know? Or anybody else, for that matter?

That rule came direct from Scott. I'm sure it's still in effect, though it's very likely all posts about it have been scrubbed fairly quickly over the years. So, perhap's newbies only find out about it like you are, right now.

Way too pricy for my hobby, I just got a taste of the HD quality on C-band over the past few days. Its killer! I miss the days when you could sub legally to those chanels, as they are the highest possible quality :)

Reactions: FTA4PA
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)