Please reply by conversation.

DirecTVFanSince2016

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Apr 26, 2023
Scranton, PA
Decided to rescan my RCA indoor OTA antenna after a very long time, and out of the very few channels it found, it found a channel 22-4, which is just an SD simulcast of WSWB, CW affiliate.
I am guessing WSWB is planning to convert to ATSC 3.0 and WYOU, channel 22, will host it's main channel when that transition is finished? but then again, I never pick up WYOU, so this very weird.

I'm watching 22.4 right now via WYOU's RF 12 signal, and it's still Cozi

You're seeing WSWB on 22.4 because for whatever reason your TV didn't decode WOLF's virtual channel table during the scan, so it stored the WSWB simulcast on WOLF 56.2 under it's RF-ProgramId mapping of RF 22, ProgramID 4

I'm watching 22.4 right now via WYOU's RF 12 signal, and it's still Cozi

You're seeing WSWB on 22.4 because for whatever reason your TV didn't decode WOLF's virtual channel table during the scan, so it stored the WSWB simulcast on WOLF 56.2 under it's RF-ProgramId mapping of RF 22, ProgramID 4
Rescanned again after moving the antenna, and now I have:
Code:
16-1 WNEP-TV (red and yellow bar - Normal)
16-2 WNEP2 (red and yellow bar - Normal)
38-1 CW (red, yellow, and green bars - Good)
38-2 MeTV (Good)
38-3 Comet (Good)
38-4 Stadium (Good)
44-1 WVIA-HD (Normal)
44-2 PBSKids (Normal)
44-3 Create (Normal)
56-1 FOX (no bars - Bad, pixelating picture)
56-2 CW (red bar - Bad)
56-3 MyTV (Bad)
56-4 Charge! (Bad)

Rescanned again after moving the antenna, and now I have:
Code:
16-1 WNEP-TV (red and yellow bar - Normal)
16-2 WNEP2 (red and yellow bar - Normal)
38-1 CW (red, yellow, and green bars - Good)
38-2 MeTV (Good)
38-3 Comet (Good)
38-4 Stadium (Good)
44-1 WVIA-HD (Normal)
44-2 PBSKids (Normal)
44-3 Create (Normal)
56-1 FOX (no bars - Bad, pixelating picture)
56-2 CW (red bar - Bad)
56-3 MyTV (Bad)
56-4 Charge! (Bad)
Seems like tilting the antenna so the back of it (it's a flat stand-up one that doesn't stick to a window) is pointing/facing I'd say either NW or NNW turned out to be the sweet spot. Since I now get a signal on all UHF stations except the 2 VHF one's (WBRE and WYOU) and also no Ion although it and all it's subchannel nets except Court, Defy, and Scripps News are on D* anyway
This is the antenna I use Robot or human?
(the Walmart link isn't supposed to say Robot or human, it should take you straight to the page for the antenna if you click it)

Decided to rescan my RCA indoor OTA antenna after a very long time, and out of the very few channels it found, it found a channel 22-4, which is just an SD simulcast of WSWB, CW affiliate.
I am guessing WSWB is planning to convert to ATSC 3.0 and WYOU, channel 22, will host it's main channel when that transition is finished? but then again, I never pick up WYOU, so this very weird.
Where are you located at BTW?

Borough of Moosic, PA (I identify my location on here in my bio as Scranton because of how close Moosic is to there and how often I go there though)

Status
Please reply by conversation.