Screen issues with Lost on ABC last night

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gdodd12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
Anyone else have pixelation and blackout of screen a lot during the HD broadcast of Lost last night? It was really annoying.

I had a problem with the dump narrative that kept coming up and distracting from the show. I've never watched Lost so I figured I'd jump in, but I couldn't take the words popping up....they tried to be cute with some things I couldn't take it anymore.

I had a problem with the dump narrative that kept coming up and distracting from the show. I've never watched Lost so I figured I'd jump in, but I couldn't take the words popping up....they tried to be cute with some things I couldn't take it anymore.

I've never watched the show either and was wondering what the h*ll that was all about.

It was a recap show. The actual episodes aren't like that :)

It wasn't a recap show. It was a repeat with some kind of special pop up feature. Tonight there will be a recap show before the season 4 premeire. Digiblur, give it a shot!!!

The only thing I noticed was through Philadelphia 6 ABC. I use OTA for the HD feed, and there were parts where the voices sounded highly overmodulated(?) I think that's the word I'm looking for. Basically it sounded like their broadcast levels were too high so no matter how loud or soft I had my receiver set when they spoke too loud it had static behind it.

If you have never watched LOST, you are picking a bad place to just jump in. This show is very much the kind you have to watch from the beginning. Pick up the dvds or iTunes and get caught up.

If you have never watched LOST, you are picking a bad place to just jump in. This show is very much the kind you have to watch from the beginning. Pick up the dvds or iTunes and get caught up.

i agree 110 %

get the dvds and have 4 hour long lost marathons, you will be hooked in about 2 hours

I wish I could catch up but I've barely have enough time to watch the stuff I have recording now via OTA. Not enough time to back track now.

I would of normally agreed with you but since they got off the island and went back. It has opened a new chapter and since they are renewed for many years. Take the leap. This is a really good show IMO.

It wasn't a recap show. It was a repeat with some kind of special pop up feature. Tonight there will be a recap show before the season 4 premeire. Digiblur, give it a shot!!!

Um, yes it was. It was designed for new viewers to get up to speed. Tonight is the start of the new season.

Go watch it Digi, you'll like it.

I would of normally agreed with you but since they got off the island and went back. It has opened a new chapter and since they are renewed for many years. Take the leap. This is a really good show IMO.

Um, yes it was. It was designed for new viewers to get up to speed. Tonight is the start of the new season.

Go watch it Digi, you'll like it.

Last nights episode was a repeat of the finale from last season with the added pop ups. If it wasn't, I had a serious 2 hour deja vu going on.:D

I'm in the San Francisco DMA and recorded from Dish locals rather than OTA. My recording had lots of dropouts. They showed up as squares of solid color (often green and magenta), squares of the previous frame, or just squares of random pixels.

My brain pixelates everytime I watch that show. My wife is addicted, and I am compelled to sit there and listen to her ooh, ahh, and gasp. I think I'll just skip next week and do something more productive. Like maybe work on a perpetual motion machine.

torp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts