Screen Position and Mitsubishi

myron243

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
Kingwood, Texas
I tried to reposition the guide. The logos on the left are cut off a bit but the continuation arrows on the right are just right. The top is just right but the bottom is cut off. If I correct the left and bottom the right and top are cut off a bit.

I was told by the CSR that it is a known problem with Mitsubishi and some other TVs. That was after he checked with the Engineering folks. Anyway, still a great DVR.

Same here. If you line up the top, the bottom guide listing that is cut off will be the top listing when you do a page up. Doesn't bother me that much.

I tried to reposition the guide. The logos on the left are cut off a bit but the continuation arrows on the right are just right. The top is just right but the bottom is cut off. If I correct the left and bottom the right and top are cut off a bit.

I was told by the CSR that it is a known problem with Mitsubishi and some other TVs. That was after he checked with the Engineering folks. Anyway, still a great DVR.

Is your TV set to 16:9 or to Just Scan? (Mitsubishi may call it something different, on my Samsung it's called Just Scan. Switch it over from 16:9 to Just Scan and that should solve the problem, assuming you have this option on your TV.

I have the same issue as well, I have a JVC 56" 1080i HD-ILA LCOS projection set. There is no overscan setting I can access either. Any screen size settings that I can change have no effect.

Same problem here.

There is no overscan control on a Mitsubitsi.

Dish could easily fix this for all tvs by allowing a screen calibration feature.

My bluray has this, my appletv has this, my boxee app has this.

The 922 can easily have this, all of the above but the appletv are based on linux just like the 922. The appletv is based on OSX.

dhh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)