Screen saver

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Hey I noticed with this CE version, the screen saver pops up while watching tv, it takes a couple of hours to do this. Is there any way to turn this off or extend the time out?

No way to change it, sounds like an error....

You need to pause or skip comercials more often.

I find the hourly trip to the fridge for another beer or to the can to dispose of the beer eliminates the 'takes a couple hours' :D

This happened to me through several CE's. Though it has not happened for at least 3 weeks. Boy was that aggravating. And as far as not changing channels or skipping commercials for a long time, that had nothing to do with it. I rarely go 15 minutes without pressing a button or two. There was no rhyme or reason to why or when the screen saver would click on. But like I said, over the past couple of CE's I have not had this happened to me (yet). Though if it happens now, I will blame this thread:).

Goalie,
Hopefully when you D/L the next CE, tomorrow night, your issue will be taken care of ...
Let us know if it gets cleared up.

Jimbo

But like I said, over the past couple of CE's I have not had this happened to me (yet). Though if it happens now, I will blame this thread:).

Wouldn't you know. Not one hour after I posted this, I had the stupid screen saver issue happen again. I knew I should have kept my big mouth shut.

I have not had this issue with regular channels. However, while watching a video via media share the screen saver will pop up at random intervals. Can go through an entire 44 minute program one day without the screen saver and on the next day it may pop up three or four times during a similar 44 minute program. I understand this is beta software, so am not overly concerned at this time, but is it annoying.

I have not had this issue with regular channels. However, while watching a video via media share the screen saver will pop up at random intervals. Can go through an entire 44 minute program one day without the screen saver and on the next day it may pop up three or four times during a similar 44 minute program. I understand this is beta software, so am not overly concerned at this time, but is it annoying.

You must be using it because you like the idea of VOD, give it time, it will probably still need a bit of tweaking once it goes non beta as well ....

If you don't like it, don't use it ....
I don't pay D* for the ability to have DOD, I pay them so I can watch the channels I want, DOD was not part of the scenario when I signed up, if it works great, great, if not, I'm not leaving over it, I find plenty on TV to watch, between LIVE TV and things I recorded.

I've had the connections to do DOD since shortly after it came out, found out, it doesn't really interest me (as I posted in a thread in the beginning) But I bought the stuff I needed anyways, because I was curious ... mine works, I just don't care for it.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)