Trying to disable the screensaver

bratboy

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 24, 2005
Denver CO
Okay, the problem I'm having is that with this new CE when I'm streaming a video from my computer using playon. Whenever I'm streaming something at 5 minutes the screensaver kicks in, the vid continues to play and I can here the audio and if I touch a remote button the screen wakes up. I called DTV and they suggested hitting the dash button 3 times to disable the screensaver but that desn't seem to work now. Instead when I click the dash button the first time a pop up shows with the reciever number and an okay button and repeated clicks don't cause the disabled mssg to pop up. Does anyone know of another way to temporarily disable the screensaver?

Could it be HDMI issue?

I don't claim to know what the problem is but just had a thought that maybe this happens because HDMI is not plugged directly to TV? Or it could be a HDMI incompatibility. If so, try something different. Once you figure it out, send a report to Directv and note model # of device that's not playing right.

Actually the HDMI cable is running straight from the HR 22 to the TV. Last week streaming using playon with the exact same setup things worked fine but after this weekends CE anything I play using playon the screensaver kicks in after 5 minutes. At first I thought maybe it was an issue with local media but I just checked a video I'd watched from Hulu last week np and it does the same thing now.

Unfortunatly with some change they did to the Dash button now you can't use it to disable the SS. First click of the dash just brings up the reciever number and additional clicks of the dash do nothing :(

EDIT: Went ahead and ran a report. Report number is "20091203-386F". This problem is turning up on my only DVR which is an HR22 Like is mentioned in my sig

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)