SD TIVO to HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

m-snider

Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
I have D* Tivo SD. Just bought a new Toshiba 34hfx84 and I want HD service Question is - can you still record on SD Tivo and watch HD on the same T.V. I don't want to spend the cash for HDTIVO if D* is offering something different later this year.

If you have an HD tuner built in to your TV yes you can. if not. you have to get a D* HD Tivo from D*. The D* sd will not work. its not HD.

If I understand your question, you can record SD and have HD as long as you get a HD receiver. From all that I have read, it seems they will replace HD STB after the conversation. I held off too, but finally gave in and HD is incredible. You'll just have to fork out the $5 mirroring fee although I think they have an offer right now for 6 months of 1/2 HD. If you have been a customer for awhile, you should be able to haggle for 6 FREE months of HD, plus maybe if you try hard enough a free HD receiver or some rebate off of it.

Yes, you can. I have my SD Tivo and my HD receiver on the same tv. I can record 2 programs on the Tivo while I watch a third on the HD receiver. The only pain is running 5 lines in from the sat. 3 for the receivers, 1 from the antenna and 1 for the power supply.

I have an HD Tivo and an SD Tivo. One line from dish goes to the HD Tivo and the other to the SD Tivo. Since your TV set has several inputs, the output from the HD Tivo is connected thru the DVI or composite video, the output from the SD Tivo is via S video and analog audio. To get the Dolby surround sound out of your HD box, you need a digital connection (optical or coaxial) to your A/V receiver. The TV output to the A/V receiver only works with an analog signal of the SD Tivo. Anything connected to the TV with composite video or better connections will not output to the A/V receiver unless you connect the optical or coax digital to your A/V receiver.
I think I just confused myself!?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)