72.5 location in Southern California

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jhnh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
I just got a DirecTv D10 receiver, does the foot print of DirecTv 5, at 72.5 cover Southern California, I know it say its conus, but is it really. I want to see if I can find it, do an auto detect to make show up in the signal strength screen and then get the 2 test channels, 495 & 496. I would be using 2, dual 18" dishes, an SMS-4/4 RP20 switch to the D10. I would be using an elevation of 28 degrees with an azimuth of 119 degrees, for zip code 91739 which is Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. So the questions are can I see the foot print here and secondly is this the right stuff to use.

VOOM serviced Ca from 61.5 so it is technically visible. I am not that far West but I expect the dish will look like it is pointed at the ground and you could easily have an obstruction blocking your signal. The 4X4 switch would be correct for receiving signals from two satellite dishes. Good Luck.

Just curious, but market ARE you trying to receive from 72.5? (you DO know that the ONLY thing on this satellite are local channels, right?)

I'm just curious about the 72.5 foot print, does it cover California

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SD TIVO to HD

Dual Destacker D575D Questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)