PBS location

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am starting to bet on a limited line of sight to one of the birds. There coming back out to re align it again ugh.. the twit that came out today didn't even re align the Damm dish after taking a closer look I noticed that it wasn't re pointed ugh

Last edited:
Screenshot_20211116-134722_TV Signal Finder.jpg
wow lol

Is 119 behind a building? Did you get a 3 or 5 lnb? If a 3 then there is no los issue.

Last edited:
Well i pulled the tower out from behind the t.v. hopefully that helps. i am thinking there was some kind of electromagnetic interference going on as well..

John,
Don't worry about the location of the 119 Sat, your not using that Sat anyways ....
Everything your using is on the 3 Sats .... 99/101/103 which are clearly viewable.
I'd ask if they can use monopoles or something to support the dish better.

Reactions: John2021
John,
Don't worry about the location of the 119 Sat, your not using that Sat anyways ....
Everything your using is on the 3 Sats .... 99/101/103 which are clearly viewable.
I'd ask if they can use monopoles or something to support the dish better.
i will ask about the monopoles!!! i noticed since relocating the tower the issue has stopped!!! will keep everyone posted. i also noticed after unplugging the tower it went through an update as well that might have been something also. i think they have rules on the tower placement also.

i will ask about the monopoles!!! i noticed since relocating the tower the issue has stopped!!! will keep everyone posted. i also noticed after unplugging the tower it went through an update as well that might have been something also. i think they have rules on the tower placement also.
By the Tower, are you talking about the HS17 ? (I don't know what equipment your using).
IF you were using the HS17 and having issues and you moved it and now its working normal, then I would say it was catching interference from something around your TV or other devices. (I know, pretty obvious).
IF that was causing the issue, then the monopoles may or may not be necessary.

I made the dreded call and made a service appointment for tomorrow. I'll post and let everyone know what happened

Before you have them come out, you should contact the local station and see if they are having trouble with their feed sent to Directv. That is probably the case and the tech will be able to do nothing.

Before you have them come out, you should contact the local station and see if they are having trouble with their feed sent to Directv. That is probably the case and the tech will be able to do nothing.
He called them two months ago!

when i moved the HS-17 tower from behind the t.v.. the breaking up stopped. i am thinking that there was some interference between the tower and t.v..... so far so good!!!
Glad its working for you, do remember them saying to keep devices 3ft away from the TV and other like devices, I'm not sure if thats actually practical or not.

Glad its working for you, do remember them saying to keep devices 3ft away from the TV and other like devices, I'm not sure if thats actually practical or not.
I remember them not wanting to put it next to my modem because of interference. I believe the distance is 3 or 4 feet away is what the tech told me

Reactions: Jimbo
Ok while the pixelizations have basically stopped. Though I noticed random breakups and pixelizations on random channels. Wondering if the HDD is starting to fail. Though from what I gather this seems to be a random issue with dtv dvrs.

ok so it's starting to act out again. it's to the point where it locks up and freezes up at times. i noticed that on the music choice channels go blank but i can still can hear music. there's something that's def wrong in the system but yet no one knows what's going on. i am at my whits end dealing with these twits. id'e say the server is starting to go bad. but yet they won't replace it because they kept throwing servers and clients at the system trying to make it work. maybe it's time i show them how much of a loyal a$$hole i can be!!! last night channel 54 was breaking up:mad:. the protection plan is a complete joke in situations allowing 5 replacements in 12 months. that leaves a sub hanging and pissed off when things don't work :mad:. my signal is holding on at 98%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts