SD vs HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you do not choose one way or the other in the guide, you will see double of the channels that have a SD as well as a HD, I think the 1st one is SD, but it's been a long time since I had my set up that way, it could be the other one.
You can also set up the guide to show ONLY SD channels.

All that shows up on the reciever are HD ones. How do I convert so I see SD channels?

Go into the menu and click setup, system setup, display, preferences, guide hd channels, and change it to show all channels.

All that shows up on the reciever are HD ones. How do I convert so I see SD channels?

Go into the menu and click setup, system setup, display, preferences, guide hd channels, and change it to show all channels.

Or Hide HD channels would do it as well, depending on what options you have, they have changed the way the set up looks on various recvrs

Thanks, I tried what Raoul suggested and it worked! Thanks so much

If you did that, when you go to the guide, you'll now see both versions in the guide .

I'll from time to time do that when the weather gets real bad and if I need to I'll switch back to the SD version as that will last longer than the HD will.

If you did that, when you go to the guide, you'll now see both versions in the guide .

I'll from time to time do that when the weather gets real bad and if I need to I'll switch back to the SD version as that will last longer than the HD will.
I'll switch to the SD channel when the HD channel is showing stretch-o-vision (TBS HD is an example)

1st channel in the guide is the HD version...2nd is SD

also the giant [HD] in the programming name is a giveaway too ;)

I had one of my receivers freeze up so I did a master reboot and thats why I saw both SD & HD in there ;)

They don't stretch much content now do they? I know HGTV does.
Not near as much as they used to. Yesterday for example, I went to watch "The Ringer" labeled in glorious HD on TBS. When I tuned to the channel it was in big shoulder mode. Ended up watching it on TBS SD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)