SDR (Software Defined Radio) For Satellite

Cheap ANT that comes with. Easy to remove with station.

Attachments

• image-1946430456.jpg
    image-1946430456.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 186
Wire removed from "crap ant" used a 2x1 case for the f pin.

Attachments

• image-700878921.jpg
    image-700878921.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 205
Much much better :) can't wait for the adapters.

Attachments

• image-2789706598.jpg
    image-2789706598.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 237
I received my tuner dongle today and fired it up! Here is SDR# decoding one of our local FM broadcast stations :)

SDRSharp_FM_Demod.png

cool! I see you have the same issue I do, if you notice in the center there is a peak and a line, and its directly in the center and is there no matter what frequency you are on. I wonder what causes that?

Yeah, I noticed that too...whatever it is, it interferes with reception if it's within the signal I'm trying to decode. This is one of the R820T tuner units which isn't supposed to have the dc spike (the earlier e4000 tuners did). Maybe it (and alot of other noise from my office/ham-shack) will disappear once I use proper connectors...right now I'm using an alligator clip to the center conductor of my OTA coax :D

Last edited:
The spike isn't present when I use it with Gqrx in Ubuntu linux on a different computer (an old Dell D610 laptop), so at least it's not the dongle itself.

Here's an SDR capture from 97W in the neighborhood of 11860H (I'm using the LNB-out from my VisionSat rcvr), as well as one from KTEL :cool:. I haven't a clue what the signals in the SDR display are yet...telemetry, packet data bursts, etc.?

RTLSDR_G19_Cap1.jpg

Same IC and Tuner, but does it have any hardware issues? Is the antenna input protected against spikes like the linked unit from NooElec?

Seems that the European terrestrial connector would be a royal PITB to deal with and clunky large for adapters. Want to take a chance to save $4? Personally, I would prefer to support a company that is known for quality amateur radio and hobbyist products.

I agree with Brian on this one, it is only a $4 dollar difference to have a good one....be different if it were $40 difference in price, but skip lunch one day if have to. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)