Chirp Next software

jorgek

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Near Toronto
Anyone here use Chirp Next software? Great freeware to program ham radio gear.
Been using it to program my portables. Recently the upgrades to the software no longer work with Windows 8.1.
Query sent to Chirp was a terse reply that Microsoft no longer supports 8.1! Why should that affect the upgrades?

Maybe the ball is in your court and will need to revert to a previous build version supported by win8.1? Old versions are available for download if you haven't archived.

I cautiously use Chip with several radios (primarily the Chinese models, since Chirp caused frequency step compatibility havoc on a few of my Yaesu rigs). Chirp daily builds work great on my Win10 and 11 PCs.

Reactions: c-spand
Yes I have the legacy version. Problem is it does not have a whole new batch of new HT gear appearing in the market place.

Maybe the ball is in your court and will need to revert to a previous build version supported by win8.1? Old versions are available for download if you haven't archived.

I cautiously use Chip with several radios (primarily the Chinese models, since Chirp caused frequency step compatibility havoc on a few of my Yaesu rigs). Chirp daily builds work great on my Win10 and 11 PCs.
But how do you get the needed driver for the usb cable for the radios? Win 10 64 bit

Thanks I should have checked, turns out it did download and install the correct driver since I left the cable plugged in so now I can use chirp-next.