SDRplay Radio

spongella

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Central NJ
I have heard only good things about this $149 software defined radio. Was wondering if anyone has used it and their opinion of it. Lots of documentation on it and very responsible and knowledgeable manufacturer.

Link is: http://www.sdrplay.com/

Thanks.

Sponge

I had one for the last year and I am very pleased with it.

I see that you are going to speak at the Trenton Computer Festival this coming March 19th. Hope to see you again.
Mike Lib

Reactions: spongella
Mike!!!!!!!!!! Hey I lost your email address months ago, sorry for that, could you email me when you get a chance? OK on the SDR play. Thanks.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has ever compared the SDRplay's performance on HF to the SoftRock Ensemble receivers. SDRplay has an obvious advantage over the cheap RTL SDRs on VHF and up, since it's 12 bits instead of 8 bits, but since the SoftRocks use a computer sound card which is at least 16 bits, I wonder how the SDRplay stacks up there.

MultiPSK should work with any decent receiver provided you have a way of piping the audio from the SDRPlay to MultiPSK, such as a virtual cable software program.

I don't need a virtual cable program fir my SDR dongle to run MultiPSK. It interfaces directly to the dongle. Maybe I'll order 1 and play around with it.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)