SE Ky Eastern Arc Nov.18

bbates23

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
got a call from High power tech sol. Thinks that the name , there supposed to be like dispatchers for local techs and things. Told me that The eatern arc will be effective Nov. 18 for eastern part of Kentucky. Said my local installers should be getting the dish 1000.4 sat and necessary equipment to hook me up. My install date is Nov. 25. So i got my fingers crossed on finally gettin hooked up finally.

Is the install free or is there a charge, if so how much??

Im guessing its free. I got everything free, they had no line of sight for the west arc , so switched me over to the east arc and never said anything like id have to pay for it. So im assuming its still free where im a new customer.

Well lets see if they stick with the 18th for here... Im goin to be extremely pissed if they call and say it will be another 2 weeks lol.....I wouldnt mind it much but ive had a few ppl in counties not 30 miles from me already hooked up on this thing.. i mean i know its new and not everyone has the equipment yet but geesh.

Well still NO EAST ARC for me..what a crock of sh*t. I mean everyone around this place has it but here NO. they tell me that dish has not activated 3 sat for here..I mean come on not 50 miles from here each side of me has it and the sat isnt activated??? Im goin to call dish and tell them to just forget it. just get my digital cable back.

I contacted DN and I was told I'd have to have extra equipment. In this case an extra dish.

I border one DMA (Lexington, KY) and live in another DMA (Charleston, WV), from what I've been seeing on the site and hearing from other people, the reason is because of the mountains and hills in central and eastern KY.

The DMA I'm in has only 2 channels in HD, so I'm going to wait a while before I get anything extra.

LOL Knott county ky, has 0 of anything. I dont even really care about the locals i just wanted tv lol. Im just goin back to my cable. Been nothing but a headache for me trying to get dish. Alot of it to do with miscommuncations between DISH and the Installers. Cable here sucks but what can you do ..

UPDATE:

STILL NO DISH LOL... I was scheduled again for Nov.25 they called said the installers still didnt have the equipment to set me up. And this time cancelled my whole damn account. So i told them to hell with this sh*t that it wasnt worth me having to wait around and be told next week everytime i talk to them, So friday DISH called me wanted me to set up my account again and i told them the problem so i told them ill give it one more go. They called me back today and told me they wanted to assure me it would be hooked up dec.3, But im willing to place money on it that ill get the same story probally tuesday they will call to cancel sayin they still dont have the equipment. The last i heard the installers just got in 3 super buddies or something im guessing that is to find the new satelites. So who knows im not expecting any miracles. Also on the eastern arc will it be facing complete opposite of the west arc? the installer that orignally came out said something that it would just be a little more to the left or something, ah im sorry to keep on with this topic. but figured id update until i actually ever get this thing lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)