Sea Launch Initiates Countdown for the Launch of Galaxy 18

Status
Please reply by conversation.
thanks for sharing.
So practicall when Galaxy-18 on 93w will be available . Following channels ( Pakistani channels HUM-TV, AAJ-TV,WAQT-TV,Channel-5 and PTV-HOME.) are currently on Galaxy-1o.I hopw shifitng to Galaxy 18, 93W will make the sat stronger to get these channels??What is your opinion?

Last edited:
I'm not sure where you are getting 93° West. Galaxy 10R, Galaxy 17 and Galaxy 18 are all at 123° West.

Galaxy 18 is now stationary at 123° West and will undergo testing at that location. Galaxy 17 was supposed to take over the ku band from Galaxy 10R last weekend. This however has not been verified. If it did occur, no one has indicated that there was any noticeable change in signal strengths.

It is possible that Panamsat/Intelsat has decided to wait until Galaxy 18 has finished testing before transferring services from Galaxy 10R directly to Galaxy 18, rather than switching from Galaxy 10R to Galaxy 17 and then to Galaxy 18.

If they are still testing G18 and using G17 for now, that might explain why 11720 is so low for me lately. :(

I was hoping for better signals when they changed over.

There should be little difference between Galaxy 17 and Galaxy 18. Both are new satellites. It's more likely that they are still using Galaxy 10R.

Lyngsat shows 6 satellites in the neighborhood of 101° West. :)

Directv 8
AMC 2
AMC 4
AMSC 1
Directv 9S
Directv 4S

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts