SeaLaunch Current Mission: Directv 11 Launch

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Long Beach, Calif., March 14, 2008 – The Sea Launch team has arrived at the launch site on the equator and will initiate a 72-hour countdown today, in preparation for the launch of the DIRECTV 11 broadcast satellite on Monday, March 17. Liftoff is planned at 3:49 pm PDT (22:39 GMT), at the opening of a 58-minute launch window. All systems are proceeding on schedule.

With operations at the launch site now underway, the marine crew has ballasted the Odyssey Launch Platform to its launch depth for stability. The Sea Launch Commander will be stationed near the Odyssey throughout the weekend, occasionally connected by a link bridge that enables foot traffic between the two vessels.

On the day before launch, the rocket will be rolled out of its environmentally-protected hangar on the platform and automatically erected on the launch pad. Before fueling begins, all personnel will evacuate the platform and transfer to the ship, which will be stationed about four miles uprange, throughout launch operations. At launch, the Zenit-3SL vehicle will lift the 5,923 kg (13,058 lb) DIRECTV 11 satellite into geosynchronous transfer orbit, on its way to a final orbital location of 99.2 degrees West Longitude.
Sea Launch News Release - Sea Launch Awarded Launch Assignment for the Thuraya-3 Satellite

Last edited:
So far, we know when it will happen, but as of now, have no way to watch it.
Come on D* announce something where we can see it.
The last one was shown in the higher 500's .
HD Net would be awesome, but I am sure something would have had to have been signed (contracts) in order for that to happen.

So has anyone heard of a channel yet or are they going to keep it a secret ?

Jimbo

Posted just under "Mission Highlights"

Sea Launch Mission page - DIRECTV 11

Sea Launch will carry live coverage of the DIRECTV 11 mission via satellite, and streaming video on this website. Click here to set your system for our webcast. Please click here to view our archived mission coverage.

Is this just a standard message? It says via satellite and streaming video...

Last launch was carried on ch. 570, which DirecTV can open to all if they wished to. It is normally closed. The live sat. feed they(S.L.) are referring to,
is Galaxy 11...If you had a BUD, you could catch it there.
If it was me, I would keep checking the 570's guide data as Monday 6PM nears...
Transmission Test: 3:00pm – 3:30pm PDT / 1800 – 1830 EDT
Live Broadcast Starts: 3:30pm PDT / 1830 EDT
Launch Window: 3:49pm PDT / 1849 EDT
Live Broadcast Ends: 5:30pm PDT / 2030 EDT approx

Satellite: Galaxy 11, Ku band Digital
Transponder: 19 (nineteen) Ku, SLOT A ( 9 MHZ)
Orbital Slot: 91 degrees West Longitude
Downlink Frequency: 12066.5 Mhz Horizontal
FEC: 3 / 4
Symbol Rate: 6.1113 4:2:0
Audios: Audio channel 1 / Audio channel 2 = Program Mix ( English)
Standard:
525 NTSC

For technical assistance on Monday, March 17th, please contact the uplink truck at Sea Launch Home Port - Long Beach, CA after 10am PDT, at 562-951-7044 or 562-951-7045. In advance of March 17, contact Barbara Sipes, The Casey Company, 818-355-5747 or barbara@caseyco.com

WEBCAST:
Our live streaming video of the DIRECTV 11 mission will be available at:
Sea Launch Webcast

Good luck guys.. with the E* bird DOA it looks like a bunch of us are going to be new converts.. here's hoping for a successful launch for D*!

I also wish good luck to directv new bird. I'm probably going to be switching to directv soon also. Is is still scheduled for monday launch?

I'm not nervous about the Dish failure - I'm nervous that two launches ago at SeaLaunch their satellite ended up going directly to the bottom of the ocean.

I sure hope we never see that again.

Tune in Monday evening around 6-6:30pm and we'll have a great chat.

The broadcasat is in the guide if you want to set the DVR.

Monday, 6:30-8:30 ET, channel 573. (The DIRECTV Satellite Launch)

The broadcasat is in the guide if you want to set the DVR.

Monday, 6:30-8:30 ET, channel 573. (The DIRECTV Satellite Launch)
=============
Thanks for that!! (can that info be added to title as well??)...Sooo many 'will D*
have the launch" questions....

I also wish good luck to directv new bird. I'm probably going to be switching to directv soon also. Is is still scheduled for monday launch?

The last I've read is the D* Monday launch is still a go. Unlike E*, D* has a spare satellite (D12) built and in standby.

Last launch was carried on ch. 570, which DirecTV can open to all if they wished to. It is normally closed. The live sat. feed they(S.L.) are referring to,
is Galaxy 11...If you had a BUD, you could catch it there.
If it was me, I would keep checking the 570's guide data as Monday 6PM nears...
Transmission Test: 3:00pm – 3:30pm PDT / 1800 – 1830 EDT
Live Broadcast Starts: 3:30pm PDT / 1830 EDT
Launch Window: 3:49pm PDT / 1849 EDT
Live Broadcast Ends: 5:30pm PDT / 2030 EDT approx

Satellite: Galaxy 11, Ku band Digital
Transponder: 19 (nineteen) Ku, SLOT A ( 9 MHZ)
Orbital Slot: 91 degrees West Longitude
Downlink Frequency: 12066.5 Mhz Horizontal
FEC: 3 / 4
Symbol Rate: 6.1113 4:2:0
Audios: Audio channel 1 / Audio channel 2 = Program Mix ( English)
Standard:
525 NTSC

Actually, since it's on Ku, you don't need a BUD, a 31" will do. Kewl!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts