• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRR

Original poster
Mar 18, 2008
Wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm hoping that you guys can help out with some advice. I have a HR21 700, that is giving me all sorts of problems. Sometimes we go to watch a recorded program and get nothing but a blank screen. Also lately, having some sound problems.

Thanks

TRR

Wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm hoping that you guys can help out with some advice. I have a HR21 700, that is giving me all sorts of problems. Sometimes we go to watch a recorded program and get nothing but a blank screen. Also lately, having some sound problems.

Thanks

TRR

:welcome to the site TRR.

Try doing a reset using the menus, see if that helps with your issues.

Menu > Set Up > System Set up > Reset > Restart Rec. > follow promts from here.

Jimbo

Thanks

TRR

Actually I think those problems are pre-programmed into the HR series. Along with a few more I'm sure you'll find. I personally have never found a reset to be a perminant fix. Good luck.

Thanks

TRR

Welcome! As you get to know the people here you will figure out who is helpful and who is not. A lot of good people here and some with an ax to grind, we welcome all posters and try to respect everyones opinion.

Welcome! As you get to know the people here you will figure out who is helpful and who is not.

OK I guess that may have been directed at me seeing as your response was indeed helpful to the OP. :D But my post was intended as a "light" way of responding to a very common problem with these HR-2* receivers.
Bottom line TRR, all new receivers have some problems, but there have been an unusual amount of problems with these new receivers and Directv knows it. I had 3 in the first 4 months. And this latest one still has problems when I rewind live TV...it then starts skip, skip, skip until I change the channel. I've called CS so many times that I've given up. I plan on letting my 2 year rope-a-dope contract expire(1 1/2 years left), then goodbye Directv.

OK I guess that may have been directed at me seeing as your response was indeed helpful to the OP. :D But my post was intended as a "light" way of responding to a very common problem with these HR-2* receivers.
Bottom line TRR, all new receivers have some problems, but there have been an unusual amount of problems with these new receivers and Directv knows it. I had 3 in the first 4 months. And this latest one still has problems when I rewind live TV...it then starts skip, skip, skip until I change the channel. I've called CS so many times that I've given up. I plan on letting my 2 year rope-a-dope contract expire(1 1/2 years left), then goodbye Directv.

If I had the problems you have had, I would probably feel the same way. I am using 3 HR20s and 2 HR21s and only have problems on one HR20-700, mostly minor stuff. I did have a bad HR20 which had to be returned. I do feel your pain. When you get a good HR2x they are solid, if you get a bad one they're really bad. Wish you luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)