Search problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wdavis9

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
meridian, ms
Got 2 new hopper's today, one with sling one without but have a problem with the one with sling. When I press the search button on the remote from the program guide I get a "no results" message. The second hopper without sling works fine whe I press the search button. What can I do?

Today is Friday, March 10, 2017, 10:15pm. For some time [approx 2 yrs] I have had the Hopper with Sling [+ 2 wireless Joeys] and enjoyed the entire system without major problems.
Sometime within the last 2 weeks, I have lost the ability to do a search without getting at least one of the found icons showing multiple listings for the show I'm looking for.
But...when I click on such an icon, I get the infamous "No Results Found" reply.
Currently I am looking to find repeat or "On Demand" episodes [actually I cannot find any examples of previous "On Demand" recordings in my saved shows].
Example: Just found out that the series "Humans" started a 2nd season on Feb 13 on AMC. I am able to find single instance for a repeat of episode 4 at 4:30am on Sunday, 3/12/17. Then I was able to to schedule a recurring timer for the usual Monday 10:00pm slot for this show. HOWEVER, I can no longer get any "On Demand" viewings to display for the missing 1-3 episodes.
Perhaps the first of 5 icons for the show holds these missing episodes since it has #3 in lower right corner. But, when I click on it I once again get the "No Results Found" response.
Has something changed [aside from being charged extra for local channels]? Has a setting been flipped on/off that would fix this?
I've wasted far too much time trying to retrieve results for my disabled daughter --- when I formerly did this on a regular basis. If no answer here, who can I ask about it? Thanks --- in advance.

P.S. I used the term "On Demand" for bonus type access to a previously aired show that is not currently displayed in the guide. So if this isn't the correct term, I'm sorry. Tried to find previously saved "On Demand" episodes that I had for other series, but could not find even one example. Where did they go?

I have been noticing all kinds of things like yours. All based on the Guide and peripheral information. A lot of it is that programs that have individual specialized info, but now has generic across the board. Icons, some are saying that they are looking better. Many I can't even read on a 55" TV. Descriptions, Times, New, Dates and other pertinent info needed to make searches and timers work well is worse than ever. Searches are revealing the first icon as a generic DISH icon and it's empty and the rest of the listings are nothing like they use to be. This was old years ago, and getting more so now . . .

Today is Friday, March 10, 2017, 10:15pm. For some time [approx 2 yrs] I have had the Hopper with Sling [+ 2 wireless Joeys] and enjoyed the entire system without major problems.
Sometime within the last 2 weeks, I have lost the ability to do a search without getting at least one of the found icons showing multiple listings for the show I'm looking for.
But...when I click on such an icon, I get the infamous "No Results Found" reply.
Currently I am looking to find repeat or "On Demand" episodes [actually I cannot find any examples of previous "On Demand" recordings in my saved shows].
Example: Just found out that the series "Humans" started a 2nd season on Feb 13 on AMC. I am able to find single instance for a repeat of episode 4 at 4:30am on Sunday, 3/12/17. Then I was able to to schedule a recurring timer for the usual Monday 10:00pm slot for this show. HOWEVER, I can no longer get any "On Demand" viewings to display for the missing 1-3 episodes.
Perhaps the first of 5 icons for the show holds these missing episodes since it has #3 in lower right corner. But, when I click on it I once again get the "No Results Found" response.
Has something changed [aside from being charged extra for local channels]? Has a setting been flipped on/off that would fix this?
I've wasted far too much time trying to retrieve results for my disabled daughter --- when I formerly did this on a regular basis. If no answer here, who can I ask about it? Thanks --- in advance.

P.S. I used the term "On Demand" for bonus type access to a previously aired show that is not currently displayed in the guide. So if this isn't the correct term, I'm sorry. Tried to find previously saved "On Demand" episodes that I had for other series, but could not find even one example. Where did they go?
definitely sounds likes guide issues - hopefully to be soon fixed - hang in there...

I have been noticing all kinds of things like yours. All based on the Guide and peripheral information. A lot of it is that programs that have individual specialized info, but now has generic across the board. Icons, some are saying that they are looking better. Many I can't even read on a 55" TV. Descriptions, Times, New, Dates and other pertinent info needed to make searches and timers work well is worse than ever. Searches are revealing the first icon as a generic DISH icon and it's empty and the rest of the listings are nothing like they use to be. This was old years ago, and getting more so now . . .
You're right. I forgot about the "generic" DISH labelled icons. Where did they come from and what does this different display exemplify?
But I did a search again for "HUMANS". I had 5 icons show up under TV shows.
• The 1st icon, labelled "HUMANS", has the series faceplate and has "3" in the corner, but when I open it, I get "NO RESULTS FOUND".
• The 2nd icon, also labelled "HUMANS", has the series faceplate, has a 6 in the corner and does offer 6 upcoming airings that can be recorded.
• The 3rd icon, labelled "HUMANS: Extras", has generic DISH faceplate, no number in corner and when opened this message dispalys: "The On Demand title you are trying to watch is currently unavailable. Please select another title."
• The 4th icon, is also labelled "Humans: Extras", also has the generic DISH faceplate, has 2 in corner, and when opened offer 2 3-minute extra features that can be "rented".
definitely sounds likes guide issues - hopefully to be soon fixed - hang in there...

• The 5th icon is labelled "AMC: Humans" has an AMC logo faceplate and a #6 in corner. It offers 6 future showings of the same 15-minute AMC special @ the series.
Not meaning to be sarcastic, but "hang in there"? Hang in there for what?

How will I know when it is fixed? I am so tired of trying it repeatedly for days now and would appreciate it if DISH would sent notification.
Plus, where can I find more info regarding this particular problem? BTW, thanks for your input.

Reactions: buist
as I've noticed, it's not one big fix, some things are working fine (fixed), some still need fixing, so I'm sure it's being worked on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)