Searching for satellite signal in 2...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rking5150

Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
i just upgraded one of my SD receivers to a DVR (a HR-20 -700), and I'm having problems getting NESN HD (or the corresponding 720ish channel) during Red Sox games (Yes, I subscribe, even though D* couldn't figure that out). I have 2 HD-DRVs, and the other one (-100) gets the channels fine.

My thinking is that it could be a bad BBC, but I've swapped those out with my other DVR, and haven't had any success. Could it be the DVR itself?

Here's my setup:

I have the dish and 4-6 multiswitch on the roof. 2 of those lines go to SD receivers on the second floor of my house, and the remaining four are fed into my basement into antother 4-6 switch. Two lines go to my older HR-20 -100 DVR, two go to the new DVR that's having the problem, and the last goes to a SD TV.

So, the two DVRs are getting the same feed - that's the confusing part.

I'm trying to avoid having to get a tech to come to the house. Anyone have any ideas how I can troubleshoot to see if it's the DVR?

Thanks in advance!

Bob

So the NESN HD is the only chnl you are having issues with? Is there any on-screen error msg?

What is your service zip?

NESN-HD is the only content channel that I've noticed that I don't get with the second DVR. I also had a problem with one of the test channels - maybe 480 or 481 (I can't remember right now).

My service zip is 30022.

I've swappped DVRs, no luck. The older one works in either location, the second one does not.

I've effectively narrowed down the variables to mean that it has to be the box. So, is this something that can be fixed remotely, or do I need a tech guy to come and replace the box?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts