Searching for signal, both receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freebird77

Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
Direct tv went out last night, both receivers. I unpluged it,did the whole thing they go through on the phone with you and nothing. I thought it was a waste of time seeing I had no signal for both of them. They are the new hd boxes and new hd dish about 6 months ago. They wont be out until late Thursday. I went out to the dish and there is the cable that comes out of the ground with two wires going up the tube on the dish.. I wiggled my fingers up in there, and there is a seperate coaxil wire which pulled right out. Does this go to something? Cane believe it would come unhook as its threaded. Any help, more then appreciated. Thank you in advance, Doug, in Pa.

If the wire came out, it will need to be recrimped and attached to the LNB. You can take the LNB off with the screws on the bottom of it (that's the "eye" of the dish). Sounds like the cable came loose. Dish might be out of alignment too if the problem started when the wire was attached.

I took the end off and hooked up the coax to the remaining fixture but still nothing. I only have black screen now. Guys supposed to come out today. Thank you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)