Searching for Signal on couple of channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sundude90

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Waterville, Maine, United States
My System:

I have a 5 LNB dish with 4 wires coming from it. They go to a ground block and then go to my 2 H21's and 2 wires to my R22 DVR.

My Problem:

A few channels say "Searching for Satellite Signal". It mostly happens on one of my HR 21's but it has happened once on my other HR 21. It only does it only does on a 2 channels or something like that. But it's fine on my DVR R22 and not problems like that at all. When I check my signal is fine up in the high 80's. But a couple of the transponders say 0, but only on that one receiver.

So why is it doing this and how can I fix this?? I think it might be one of the cables coming from the dish but I am not positive on that. I was wondering if I got a WB68 multiswitch if that would fix it, if its a problem with a cable like I think it might be.
Would that help any.

Adding a multiswitch will probably not help, unless you need to add more receivers.

Wait a second, do you have two H21s or HR21s and one R22?

Without a switch you can only get 4 tuners. So if you have HR21s you should have a multiswitch?

No I have 2 H21's and a R22. So there is four wires.Speed 607 and NESN 623 is the channels that I am having problems wih. It keeps happening frequently on one of the H21's and then it comes out of it. It has done it once on the other H21.

Thanks

Do you have 2 lines on each box? if so you have a 6x8 somewhere.

If yor missing those it seems that the 119 is is not function properly. Post your average signal strengths on the following sats (look at the full transponder list and guesstimate the average)

103c

Do you have 2 lines on each box? if so you have a 6x8 somewhere.

If yor missing those it seems that the 119 is is not function properly. Post your average signal strengths on the following sats (look at the full transponder list and guesstimate the average)

103c

No I only have One receiver that has two wires going to the Sat on it. My other two receivers are H21's and only have one wire going to the Sat on the. So there is a total of 4 wires for my revivers going straight to the Dish.

Signal Strengths:

101= 91-100 average is 95
110= Only transponders 8, 10 & 12 have number, rest are N/A and the signals are 94,91,96
119= Only transponders 22-32 have numbers on them, which are 95,96,92,100,95,98,94,100, 94 & 96

There is no 103c just a and b. 103b= only transponders 1- 16, 17 & 22 have numbers and the signal range is 92-95

Right now, both NESN and Speed are working fine! I have noticed when checking the signal before that a couple of the transponders have shown 0, but that is not happening now.

I'll post which transponder are showing 0 if the channels are out again.

Thank You,
Josh

This is a problem with DTV they have been working on them 2 channels for some time now and i belive they have the problem almost fixed.... only happens with HD. so just bare with it for awhile it will get better

This is a problem with DTV they have been working on them 2 channels for some time now and i belive they have the problem almost fixed.... only happens with HD. so just bare with it for awhile it will get better

Are you trying to say that this is some sort of reported nationwide issue? Cause I don't see that at all & never have.

Ok, I sure hope that it is a problem with DTV.
But, I don't have HD, I just have the HD receivers so I can get my Local Channels which are MPEG4. And those two channels are HD and SD channels that are the same number but different channels though.

I am a Service Tech... well was a service tech until yesterday... on our tech bulliten it tells us all sorts of useful information

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)